Planning motorcycle route problem
  • When I go out on my motorcycle I try to plan interesting circular routes. I setup multiple waypoints that are usually villages. I do not want to go into the middle of these villages but pass by them to the next village waypoint in the best routing possible. Navigator always takes me into the centre of villages and then back out on the way to the next waypoint. Can I change this behaviour? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Regards Colin
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Navigator will take you to excat location of waypoint
    we are planning to introduce, what we call, checkpoints, where you can go within certain distance of your waypoint, but that may be some time off
  • When I go out on my motorcycle I try to plan interesting circular routes. I setup multiple waypoints that are usually villages. I do not want to go into the middle of these villages but pass by them to the next village waypoint in the best routing possible. Navigator always takes me into the centre of villages and then back out on the way to the next waypoint. Can I change this behaviour? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Regards Colin

Thank you Tomas
  • @CKAJCA - this could be of help.

Use RouteConverter to plan your route using waypoints. RouteConverter will display the route and you will have the option to add/remove waypoints to plan the route you want.

Import the gpx file to Mapfactor using the Route Importer app.

Suggest you simulate the route before going out.
  • Why not mark the way point on the road on the way you want to go, rather than the village you don't want to go into?
  • On this subject, does anyone know the maximum number of points that Mapfactor allows within a route?
  • I am not sure, but I think it is 256, or just below that figure
  • CKAJCA
    Try "Tyre to travel" . With this program you can plan your trip on PC.
    Then export the route as gpx file and convert with "Route Importer" App.
    BUT  sometimes you will find, that Mapfactor will say: "Route not found". That means, that Mapfactor canĀ“t navigate to one of the waypoints. And Mapfactor does not tell which waypoint the problem is. Then you have to search this waypoint ...

• I set a route then imported it but it only shows a partial journey.  Will have to investigate further.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion