Imported track Route not found
  • I often import tracks from a PC Software. I convert them with the app "Route Importer".
    So I have them under "My Places" "My Routes". I load them and have many Routing Point.
    When I calculate the route I often get the message "Route not found".
    Is there a possibility to recognizes which Routing Point is the problem?
    Up to now I dismark manually some routing points until the calculation works, but that can´t be a solution!!
    Why can´t there be a hint "Route not found at Waypoint xyz"??
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Are you loading tracks? ("I often import tracks")
    Or are you loading Waypoint or Route GPX files?

Tracks containing sometimes 2000-6000 points are not the correct GPX files to determine a route. The fact that you mention that you have "many routing point" already suggest that you have a track file.

Do not simply import a track file. Create a route or waypoint file containing up to max. 15-20 points. That is the right way to calculate a route. In any Navigation app. I know that some apps can follow a track and warn you if you deviate from it, but calculating a route on so many points is not the right way to do it.

Please read some more about the difference between GPX files containing tracks, waypoints or routes (or combinations).
  • Hello hvdwolf,
    I plan the route with a PC program "Tyre to travel". From there I export this route as a gpx file.
    This file has about 50 - 100 waypoints. (15 to 20 waypoints is not enough, because I want to have the route for motorbiking and I want to have many curves...) After that I import this file with the Android App "Route Importer", so that is is added to routing_points.xml. Up to this all works. But sometimes MFN has a problem by calculating this route and says "Route not found". I can find the mistake - it is mostly a point that MFN can´t use, because it is not on a road. My PC program is maybe not so exact. The problem is that it is try and error to find this special point among the 50 - 100 points. It would be nice if MFN can tell me why the route is not found, maybe by a hint "Route not found after waypoint 65" or so.
  • I understand. 
    That would indeed be a nice addition. I have experienced this as well in the past, but I thought your issue was simply due to too many points.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged