Windows CE help serial number
  • Hi i downloaded the free navigator 15 setup utility and used the free licence, i downloaded all the maps and sounds i needed and installed them on SD card but when i launch the navigator on my car it prompts for a serial number. Where can i find that serial number? Or am i doing anything wrong??? Please help
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • serial number (product key) is needed for commercial version only
    are you sure that you are running Navigator free?
  • As far as I remember at least on Windows PCs, not sure about CE, Navigator 15 setup installs 2 icons: one for Navigator free and and for paid maps.
    Maybe you started the wrong one.
  • Hi Tomas i downloaded the setup utility from http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/en/download/ and in the setup interface it says navigator free so i suppose i have the free version
  • may be you did not copy all files?
  • Idk can you make a video or screenshots of the process
  • Hi Tomas i was wrong with the licenve key but now i have another problem. I selected the interface language Local then the voice language Albanian (shqip geneko) and whent through the licence screen but then it said there was a file .dll missing. I remember formating the sd card before installation and did a clean install after. What am i doing wrong ??? Can aomeone please write the instructions how to do the installation please?? Im not a nob regarding to installations and such stuf but there is something wrong either with the installer or .... idk
  • I need this so badly so please someone help.

Also what are the minimum Hardware requirements or WinCE version that navigator 15 needs to run?
  • which dll is missing?
    download it from the Internet

• Hi
    I have installed Navigator 16 Free on my PC. I then installed it onto my Unbranded GPS which runs Windows CE. On the GPS it is asking for a product key before I can continue. I have tried deleting the installation and re-installing without success. The only maps I have installed are free maps i.e. India, Sri Lanka and the UK yet still it is asking for a product key.
    The device is asking "Enter the key" and then in the box are 5 sets of five X's separated by a -

Help appreciated
  • I was obviously trying to start the Commercial install. Sorry for the hassle, once I said no to entering the key and then yes to continue I was taken to the free application
  • I managed to install it but there seems to be a problem with the devivice not running the navigator, in fact it is running but when i press gps button on device the application screen shows in a fraction of seccond and it gets back to main menu or where i was on the device. The application is running in background but i cant manage to make it work properly. Any idea what to do????
  • Hey Jagogjk,
    I have exactly the same problem on my car stereo:
    I did all the steps you did and installed application and free maps on a SD card. After struggling with the free licence on the car stereo I just recognised that the application switches back to where I came from on the stereo.
    Did you find a solution for this problem?
    I use Navigatior Free 18.2.1 and I am pretty sure the car stereo supports Windows CE 6.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Ben

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion