Change of smartphone
  • Hello. I changed my smartphone (Android). How do I transfer my favorite locations? I tried to send me a place, via bluetooth as file.html, but the program, installed on my new smartphone, does not see the file, which is only seen from Maps. I tried using the tool "Save in", but the answer is: "Research impossible. No one valid location is available". I have many favorite places, and I really need to save them. How should I do? Thanks for your help ..
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • copy file favourites.xml, folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/
  • I don't have the favourites.xml file... :-(

• if you do not have this file, then you do not have favourites

• You write "via bluetooth as file.html, but the program, installed on my new smartphone, does not see the file, which is only seen from Maps."

Which "file.html" file? And "only seen from Maps"?
    Are you trying to transfer "something" from google Maps to Navigator?
  • If you connect your smartphone with the PC via USB you normally should get access to the internal storage and (if it exists) to the additional SD card. You will find the mentioned folder here:

STORAGE\Android\data\com.mapfactor.navigator\files\

"STORAGE" would be "Phone" or "Internal" or something if the app is installed on teh internal phone or something like "Card" or "External" if the app was moved to the SD card.

You can copy the folder "navigator" to your PC, disconnect the old smartphone, connect the new one and copy it to the according location there (on phone or card, depending on the installation location).

To be honest, copying the complete folder may not be too clever. So if you really want to have the favourites only, just copy the mentioned file favourites.xml to the new folder. "nmea" and "gpx" would be safe as well in case there is something in it.

Kristian
  • Thank you very much, Kristian. I will try in this way ..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion