Cannot slide map on screen
  • Since installing the new version in March the navigation works but if I try to slide the map then it crashes.
    I have removed the app & maps completely from the device and reinstalled them but it still happens.
    Device is an ASUS fonepad with android 4.1.2.     Any advice appreciated.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • try to switch to software renderer in settings/advanced
  • I use fonepad too, same problem as (sja) after installed version 2.1.86,
    tried to switch to software renderer in advanced setting, no help.
    then I switched to version 1.6.20, it woked again like before.
    -- it is important to backup your favourites.xml,  all your marked places are there !!
  • Asus fonepads (mine is model K004) have Intel processors which seem to be not perfect for Mapfactor Navigator 2.x. I don't use hardware rendering (it worked even worse than on my very old Xperia Active) at all on my fonepad. We hat this discussion earlier in this forum.

Set to software rendering map moving crashes on "heavy" moves but seems to work with modest or slow movements. It looks like the processor needs some time to carry out, what you want him to to do.
  • The problem happens with both software and hardware rendering. It did not occur with the previous versions so perhaps there was a change in this area. As Oldie says it does work with small moves most of the time.
    Thanks for the answers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion