Feature required - Repeat last instruction(s)
  • During the drive, the GPS is not the only one who is talking.
    There are other people too - e.g. wife, crying baby, loud game sounds, car audio system, wind noise when someone opens the window, what not.
    And sometimes you are in your own thoughts and miss the instruction - and then there is silence in the car. And that's when you need it.
    In such cases I have felt the need of a button which allows to repeat the last instruction.
    I understand that the "last" instruction may no longer be valid because the car may have covered some distance in the mean time... e.g. The last instruction may be "turn right after 100 meters" but by the time I pressed the "Repeat" button, it may have already covered 50 meters, and is thus no longer valid i.e. it's not 100 meters from now, but from then.

But I suppose I understand the risk, and in any case, the highlighted path will tell me where to turn. It will come handy to make early lane changes
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • What do You think about "After 100 meters, turn right, ..."?
    This sentence give You a short time to be quiet and hear (listen to) turn direction.
  • This is what I already did for the German version. Works fine.
  • Yes, in navigation.xml, english is in 'any_other' languages.
    You can also change scout_1000.wav to Your own wav file, with repeated instructions/warning.
  • Well sometimes the app / GPS are silent until the turn is really near.
    In the hindsight, it how about an ability to hear the past and the future instructions.
  • Could You please check version of Navigator and is it english?
  • It is version 1.2.34
    Yes it is English
  • If I remember well my old tomtom Software (may be more than 7 years ago) I could press the arrow at the lower left corner of the display, which carried the next turn and tomtom made a voice command with updated distance. So that was more a command "tell me the next turn" rather then repeat the last command. But isn't that, what we really want, the next turn ...!?
  • Try 1.3.43 from topic 'Test of Android...', or change voice language for a moment to test if all tokens are generated (after 100/200/300 meters...).
  • turn? what about "In 200 meters carry on straight ahead"?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion