Android 5.1.1 upgrade folder read only
  • Upgrade and now unable to save my favourites. On startup it's say "folder is set as read-only" due to the upgrade. How I fix this? I don't want to have my map stored in the internal memory( Currently using the sd card)
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • close Navigator and delete data in Android settings/application manager/Navigator - then reboot your phone.Please take backup first, otherwise you could loose your favourites...
  • Thanks for your reply. If I clear the data do you need to download the maps again? If so can it be moved to the sd card?
  • you can move it to SD in your PC, probably not in Android
  • Thanks how do you move just the maps to sd card with a Pc. Can just copy the free and tomtom maps that already been download back to sd card once it's been reset.
  • yes, I think you can, but only using PC
  • Just let know what i did:-
    1) Connected Android to PC via USB
    2) copied "SD Card\Android\data\com.mapfactor.navigator" folder to PC
    3) On Andriod used Apps Manager>Navigator>"clear data" and then "Moved to Phone"
    4) loaded Navigator as it started up it give option to put Map data on SD card or internal memory. Selected sd card.
    5) Download maps as required in map manager on Andriod.
    6) Copied ".\com.mapfactor.navigator\files\navigator\favourites.xml" back to SD card from folder copied to PC.
    7) Job done;Maps on SD card and working
  • @SmoothDave: Please reboot you phone and retry again ;)
  • Smooth Dave - you'd rather buy another phone. This is not a solution. The app shouldn't have been trapped by this OS update. Sorry to tell you this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion