Crossroads - posibility to set popularity like it is for different type of roads.
  • Dobry den,
    Používám
    MapFactor již nějaký čas, ale v poslední době se stává, že
    mne protáhne všemožnýma uličkama ač mám zadanou nejrychlejší
    trasu. Už jsem začal zkoušet i jiné softwary, když jsem si všiml
    možnosti nastavení oblíbenosti typu silnic a hle ta samá cesta
    po Praze byla najednou rozumná - po zvýšení priorit cest vyšší
    kategorie. Bohužel toto nové nastaveni mělo neblahý efekt pro
    cesty mimo město - najednou mi navigace začala podsouvat okružní
    jízdy tak, aby se držela silnic první třídy.

A pak mi došlo co
    mi vadí - ne kategorie silnice, ale křižovatky.

Nevím jakým
    způsobem vyhodnocujete křižovatky, ale zvláště ve městě mají
    větší vliv na trasu než vlastní cesty. A je rozdíl jestli
    projíždíte po hlavní nebo z vedlejší odbočujete vlevo nebo v
    vpravo. Též netuším co obsahují či neobsahují mapové
    podklady.

A teď k mému přání
    - nechci aby jste měnili oblíbenost křižovatek globálně -
    někomu se může líbit je projíždět, ale třeba by jste mohli
    dát možnost customizace váhy křižovatek podobně jako je to u
    silnic.

Nebo jsem úplně
    mimo a osm neobsahují dostatečné podklady a koupě tomtom celý
    problém vyřeší bez dalších změn softwaru?

Děkuji.

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • The route is computed from properties of roads,  but there is also impact of roads crossing.  MapFactor gives possibility to set popularity of different kinds of roads and this settings is influencing the route computation. The wish is to provide the same possibility for crossroads. Somebody likes go through crossings , somebody proffers to use rather longer way  but without necessity to stop.
  • probaably best if we have example - departure and destination to start with
  • My wish is more general: there are  in menu "info o  Trase" ->"Nastaveni trasy"  -> e.g. "Silnice 1. tridy" slides for road types and the 3rd one  is preference.
    This has influence for  route computing.

Is there possibility to add there something similar for crossings to be able increase  penalty for roads with lot of crossings to make preference of simple trace.

And about the example I met the situation multiple times - last one i remember - i was in Jizni spojka and going from western and my destination was Kolbenova street. The route was very complicated - Later i found the best is continue  using MO and then 601...but it was not suggested by navigation.

So if i can set bigger penalty for crossroads - may be  the route will be more optimal.
    Increasing preference for highway makes result better for this Prague case but  in such case it is routing you  from Kolin to Jihlava  via Uhlirske Janovice to use D1.  I believe adding penalty  for  streets crosing will not have such big unwanted effect like increasing preference of street type.

Do you use penalty for street crossing in the route computing ?

I tried in last days more navigations and no one is perfect Sygic said to me in middle of way that i am in destination and after  10 minutes it stopped navigate + interface is very poor. Nokia one  did circle around destination, Be on road is also trying me return  to originally computed route instead of  suggesting new in situation when i did error or street is closed.
    The possibility to  disable turn in Mapfactor is perfect.
    So  i would like stay using MapFactor , but without sightseeing  :)

Thank you.
           Jirka

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion