Win CC v.22.2.0.1with Parking area's
  • With the new version and the new cards I notice the the system creates a lot of bleu dot's with a P in it on parking places (if you turn on to show all POI's) instead of 1 for the whole parking area. It makes the card unreadable and slow with loading. For example take a look at parking area of a IKEA store.
    Can this repaired at the next update?

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Pidie,

seems to me in some places someone has marked every single reserved position for a bicycle or a car as a seperate parking lot - there you have a lot of blue dots (as much as you can put vehicles there). In most areas I have "normal" situation - one blue dot (or maybe two or three) on a parking lot for hundreds of cars, but in some places I see 8 blue P circled around a street crossing - on openstreetmap.org I find 8 P with a bicycle symbol aside there.

As MFN can't show different signs for car park and bike park postions, we have a lot of blue dots there ...

Regards ...

• O.K. but the IKEA Groningen Netherlands is changed 4 years ago. I found a mark for the whole parking lot: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/7940809, also 4 years ago. Is it possible there is something chanced in MF?

Pieter
  • Same at P+R Hoogkerkerplein - and there are a lot of red marks also. I have seen these red marks on french map in MFN only with ID-Number and no explanation.
    Found a few more of those "multiP"-Spaces in Utrecht and Amsterdam and a small one at Korthover Weg in Essen. On OpenStreetMap you can see there, that every postion is marked with its outline - and the same is around IKEA Groningen, when you zoom to max. Someone has marked every single "box" as a parking lot. Could be very difficult for programmers, to keep the software from putting lots of blue Ps there and stil have one P for the complete lot.

Sometimes OSM contributors are doing too much ...

TomTom is collaborating with OSM - and they need to know, how many cars can be parking there to advise free spaces in their online-services. Maybe it is for that.

Regards ...
  • Just made a check with a WinCE device.
    Version 22.1.0 with maps updated August 2022 - ok
    Version 22.2.0 with maps updated August 2022 - ok
    Version 22.2.0 with maps updated January 2023 - too many blue Ps in some places.
    So it's a change within the maps, and I wonder how developers should "repair" ...

Second check with another device.
    Version 22.0.1 - old maps ok, actual maps with hundreds of blue dots at IKEA Groningen.

Regards ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion