Exit numbers and a few other questions
  • I recently downloaded Navigator Free (21) for windows. I use a tablet with win10. I am using the North America map, OSM.
    I want to make custom routes with Navigator.

When I zoom in on an exit of an interstate, there are no exit numbers. I noticed in the itinerary it does mention exit number. Is there a way to show exit numbers on the map, or would buying pro open this feature? Would it be in the TOM TOM map?

When I go off the route, Is there a way to turn off (or make the app ask) to redirect,  instead of auto redirecting me?

Sometimes roads are double signed. ie: 2 or more roads share the same section of road. Can I choose which road Navigator shows and/or displays and uses for the voice turns for that segment?
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • I looked at I-71 S near Norwood, Ohio and I can see junction numbers 5, 6, 7, 8... in TomTom maps
    I cannot see them in OSM

you can switch off auto recalculation in setting > navigation

you cannot choose road name Navigator shows
  • Thank you so much
    Lee
  • If I look in OSM I do see them. Also in several OSM based Nav apps
  • hvdwolf. Are you using the windows based software or? Could it be due to different platforms?
  • I only use Android, but I don't think that makes a diference in the maps. Maybe in the program, I don't know.
    I first checked on the (Linux) laptop in OpenStreetMap.org to see if the exit numbers were there.
    Then I checked my phone for the two apps I use, and they had the exit numbers.
    I used to be an intensive and (relatively) long user of MNF and have it still on my phone, but hardly use it anymore.
  • @hvdwolf What is the app, you use primarily now?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion