Navigator hangs
  • I used Navigator Free on a  5h trip and back, here are a few comments.
    The navigation went down 5-6 times with a message 'Application stopped'. After a few tries, I was able to restart it by hitting the 'OK' button, display the running processes and reselecting Navigator. Most of the times, it went back right where it stopped without other commands.
    When surrounded by hills, the position of the car was displayed about 100 meters off the highway. The GPS info showed nine solid signals at this point. The situation eventually returned to normal when we went over the hills. This problem was the same on the return trip. A similar problem occured when in parkings; the GPS would show our position in a street nearby.
    The night mode did not switch automatically. There is no configuration for automatic operation. Why not add activation by ambient light, selectable hours or a toggle button on the GPS?
    I am running MapFactor Navigator Version 1.5.22, map Canada OSM/Canada Quebec OSM 44-201505240 on a Nexus 7 2013, Android 4.4.4 kernel 3.4.0-g03485a6, build no KTU84P
    I hope this can help, I think MapFactor is a fine product and it did help me more than once.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • crashes are usually due to corrupted map files, or faulty SD - if you have enough space, try to move Navigator to the internal storage (settings/advanced)
    you can also email logs

GPS is controlled by Android, Navigator cannot make GPS reception better or worse.
    Try to reboot your device, it quite often helps.

to set automatic night mode go to settings/night mode

• Tomas, I emailed the logs. FYI Nexus II has no external SD so all programs are in the internal storage. There was a map update during our stay so the crashes occured on two different versions of the maps.

Thank you for your help,

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged