routing problem - motorway or other roads...
  • Hello,

Under no circumstances i cannot find any good/optimal routing when it is come to blend motorway with other (primary or secondary) roads. It seems that priority settings from routing preferences has no effect.
    For example:
    Car - fastest route -  Bucharest ( start point) Oncesti(arges county) arrive point. The normal roue known by all people that transit in that direction is to exit Bucharest to the west on DN7 road until Baldana, - DN71 Road until Targoviste, DN72A until Oncesti - aprox 119Km.
    Mapfactor takes me on motorway , then on secondary road to Topoloveni and on DJ702 which is a bad paved seccondary road until destination - aprox 145Km. I cannot force Mapfactor to take me on the normal route ( which i want) until i disable completely motorway road. There are other routes that keeps too much on motorway or primary roads which are longer and do not take on no circumstances on other shorter routes but still on main roads. If i put in shortest (car profile) it is bad too. It keeps too much on seccondary or minor roads - much of them not paved. So no good result with this profile too.
    So for the moment the only solution is to disable motorway when i don't want to be routed on them, or to enable if i want to...
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • with default car settings I get route passing Baldana and Targoviste, total langth (town centre to town centre) 618km
  • I cannot go trough that route with default car settings. What i miss? I can only if i disable motorway...
  • why would you disable motorways?
  • Because for this specific route , motorway it takes me a detour - too long route to destination. Mapfactor cannot calculate for me  a normal and logic route from south of Bucharest until Oncesti village. If i disable motorway , then everything is ok.

And your route calculation is wrong. It cannot be 618 KM. It is only 119 Km from Bucharest - to Oncesti trough Bâldana and Targoviste...

It is about Bâldana , not Baldana and Târgoviște - not Targoviste. I forgot to put diacritic to the name. Both towns are from Romania, not Bulgaria.

• Try to adjust "preference" (ie. 60) in "Navigation setting/Veichles/Road details/Secondary Roads"

• Tryied all preferences and no effect...

And i have another route with the same problem but not related to motorways but  to trunk roads:

South or centre of Bucharest - start point  - to Stațiunea Climaterică Sâmbăta.
    Here the problem is  that it keeps too much on trunk roads and calculates longer route - 283 Km

Normal route is. Bucharest- A3 Motorway - Ploiești- DN1 ( west part) - Campina, Sinaia, Bușteni, Azuga, Predeal - here to the left on DN73A (primary road - good asphalt) - Râșnov and keeps on DN73A - near Zărnești - Poiana Mărului, Șinca Nouă, Șinca Veche ant to the left on DJ104A and keeps until destination on secondary roads (asphalt surface). ~ 245 - 247 Km

Now - mapfactor  from Predeal keeps forward and takes me to brașov and do a detour on north only to keep on DN1 ( trunk road) trough Codlea, Șercaia, Făgăraș until reach Sâmbăta de Jos and only there turn left on secondary roads to the destination - ~ 283 Km

Only if i put economical or shortest car preferences it takes me on DN73A from Predeal , but the route is scrabbled inside Bucharest  and it not takes me on A3 Motorway...

So, the route calculation it takes only extreme solutions, no middle, blended and logical routes. It keeps too much on main roads or motorways or it takes too shortest ways. No one is good...
  • Very strange! On Navigatorfree14 with Romania map just downloaded: the only change to default setting is "secondary route/preference=60" and I have the correct route you first suggested. The same correct route Bucharest to Stațiunea Climaterică Sâmbăta (km 242) even with default setting. 

For me with default settings it is 284 km. The same software, the same settings...

• Still very strange as I have the route below with Mapfactor 1.3.43 resetted to default (car, fastest route).

• i will try to delete cache and data, uninstall the app and reinstall. Maybe something is scrambled  after so many testings and settings changes...
  • I installed Mapfactor on another ( new) phone. I have now 262 Km. :P  Not 284, not 243, but 262. The route outside Bucharest is ok now. The problem now is in Bucharest...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion