Keyboard Area
  • First off, thanks Mapfactor, I am really loving the application. I have Navigator 12 (free) running on Windows 7 64 bit in portrait mode (1080x1920) using a touch screen only (no mouse, no keyboard).

Currently, I am using Portrait Extended, grid size 8,5 (keyboard.xml). The row height is too short, the keys are very tricky to press. I know how to increase the key width, by removing some of the keys and increasing the spacing. 

I have worked out that they only way to increase the height of each key is by removing an entire row of keys. In other words if I set my grid size to 8,2, the keys are tall and easy to use. But obviously I need to use all the keys. So it would appear that the keyboard area has been assigned a specific space (height x width) to use. If I add any new rows to the keyboard it will just shorten all the other rows to compensate. The keyboard area seems to be taking only the lower 1/6th of the screen. I would like to increase this area to allow use of the lower 1/4th of the screen.

Is there anyway for me to amend the keyboard area to allow taller keys? 

Many thanks and keep up the great work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged