Adding an arbitrary waypoint for route?
  • From the map can I simply tap a point to make it a waypoint or destination? For example I may not be familiar with the location/ it may not have an address/ it may often be faster than having to enter an address when I can just see the place I want to navigate to, or use as a waypoint along the route.

I don't know whether this is currently possible. It isn't obvious, if it is.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Yes, you can create a departure/waypoint/destination by tapping on the map.
    If you do (and it might take 2 or 3 attempts) you will see a small square appearing and sometimes selection of a road part. Then you will see at the top of your screen icons for start/waypoint/destination, add to favourites, etc.
  • Thanks hvdwolf - you mention it may take 2 or 3 attempts - yes that is my experience too. Sometimes I tap many more times and nothing happens at all which is quite confusing. Is this a bug/ another app in the background using too much CPU time/ me not accurately tapping in a correct location? Then at other times a single tap works perfectly well, so I can't explain what is wrong ;-(
  • It is mostly a case of not zooming in enough. If you are on detail level it almost always works instantaniously.
    I assume that when you are on a lower zoomlevel your fingers (everyones fingers) are too thick to select a precise part of the map.
    Also note the motorways and trunks: Zoom in or you might select the wrong side of the road.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion