Navigator 12 Setup Utility installs Navigator 11 (V 11.0.56) ???
  • Hello, I'm a newbie  in this forum and ask for your support! Sorry for bad english, I'm german!
    I downloaded the <NavigatorFree_install.exe>. When I start the .exe, the setup-utility 12.3.0-1 will be installed.
    In the next step I start the Navigator 12 - Setup Utility and inn the next window (bottom right corner: 12.3.0 free (!!)  ) I click  "install application" and then "PC Navigator installation" (just all translated from my german language window to english) .

But in the next window I'm told, that PC Navigator 11 will now be installed!

Installation is running and all seems o.k. For 1st. trail, I downloaded some actual OSM-Maps.
    When I finaly start the Navigator free, I get a warning message, that I try to use maps, which need a newer version auf Navigator. No wounder, I have not installed Navigator 12. Notice: from former installation/downlaod, I have one older osm-map (france_osm.mca form 2012). This is the only map, I can use with my Navigator 11.

I tried the procedure several times without sucess (uninstalling, deleting all corresponding folders, running ccleaner ...)

System: windows 8.1, 64 bit,

I want to point out, that the Android-app is running perfect!
    Thanks, Peter

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • it is very strange, try to check for updates
  • it is mysterious! I tryed to install navigator on an other PC (my backup machine), which never ever had a navigator installed before. And it worked!
    So I changed to my working-PC and uninstalled and deleted again all and everything around the navigator / Mapfactor. Again ccleaner, restart! Starting the installation procedure again ... I couldn't belive: it is working fine!

Maybe you gave my machine some mysterious energy :-)

Servus, Peter
  • There could be a problem with old installation (I suppose that on old machine you had downloaded installation of Navigator 11) ... and for some unknown reason (bug) Setup Utility did not download updated installation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion