Did I get the map update I purchased?
  • mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri">On February 18, I
    purchased an update for Tom Tom Maps, N. America including Mexico, from MapFactor,
    s.r.o. for 10 Euros.  I paid through
    PayPal.  I’m confused about how it works,
    and if I’ve received the updates I paid for. 

mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri"> After the
    purchase, I went to my Android Navigator app, Map Manager, and downloaded all
    the updates that were available there.

That worked fine, but all the state and country maps now have 2013 versions.  The purchase invitation was for MapFactor
    2014 updates.
      Have I downloaded the map
    updates I purchased correctly, or is there something else that I need to do to
    get the map updates I paid for?

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Best I can tell, I purchased Tom Tom data version 47
  • This is probably confusion between TomTom maps notification and OSM notification. At the moment you can buy TomTom maps from 2013, but OSM maps are updated every month, i.e. the latest is from Feb 2014. TomTom is releasing maps quarterly, so release of converted 2014.3 maps will be available around April/May.
    regards
       Martin
  • Thanks. That helps some, but I'm still confused and would like some more information. 1. My Navigator Android app is set to use Tom Tom Maps, and I purchased the N. America incl. Mexico maps for about 20 Euros when I installed the App if the info in my Navigator App is correct. Should I expect to get notifications of OSM map updates, or only the Tom Tom maps I'm using? 2. If I follow the update reminder in my Android notification area and purchase the upgrades (which I did), how do I install the updates I purchased? Do I go to "Map Manager", "Download Apps" in the Navigator app? If so, I'm good, because that is what I did. 3. You say that Tom Tom releases maps quarterly. Does that mean I can expect to pay something like 10 Euros a quarter to keep my maps current?
  • Hi,
    1. notification is for both OSM and TomTom maps
    2. correct, once you buy upgrade, you can download in Map manager/download maps
    3. yes, but no need to upgrade every quarter, you can do it once a year or evel less frequently
  • Thank you! That helps a lot, tomas. I'm happy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion