Help/advice fixing OpenStreetMap so that Navigator doesn't select a strange and unnecessary route.
  • See this map, using UK OSM 201311240 (on Android – Navigator v1.0.35), if you plot a route from Stainland Road (B6112) at the bottom to Huddersfield Road (A629) at the top, instead of going straight across the mini-roundabout onto the slip road to the A629, it turns sharp right onto the A6026 and then sharp left onto the A629. This is not only a strange and unnecessary diversion, but the left turn would probably be almost impossible – possibly even dangerous – for large vehicles, as it is a very sharp turn onto a very busy road.

I tried fixing this problem several months ago, by removing any ambiguity about the one-way nature of the slip roads between the mini-roundabout and the A629, but it hasn't made any difference. I'm not sure what else I can do to edit the map to make MapFactor pick the sensible (straight ahead) route, so any advice or help would be appreciated.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi, for me, with default car, route goes straight to Huddersfield Rd, not through Elland Wood Bottom.
    It could be that you set your vehicle profile incorrectly - to get back to default, close Navigator and delete file vehicle_profiles.xml (teke backup if you want)
    regards.
  • Hi Tomas. Yes, that's fixed it, thanks. Although it's hard to imagine any configuration where the route I was getting would be preferable.
  • By the way: am I not being offered the update to 1.0.48 in Google Play because of the version of Android I'm on (2.3.6)?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion