Serial Command Request
  • I just started playing around with the Navigator 11 Free which has been proven to almost be the perfect solution for my car computer.  I would be interested in buying the full version especially for the better maps and remove the start up warning. Though I would like to request a few features first. 

1.  Disable Navigator's Menu and Screen Menu- My computer doesn't use a touch screen, keyboard, or mouse.  It uses a small 7 function controller. Because of this, the provided menu system is almost useless.  I would basically build my own if I could have access to a few more serial functions.

2.  Serial Commands for the built in GeoCoder - I think it would be handy to have Navigator return GeoCoder commands for the geo coder.  Like I can send it. 

• $geo_coder=state;K; and it will return a list Kansas, Kentucky, etc.  or...
    • $geo_coder=state;Kan; and it will return the list Kansas.  Same for Postal Code, Country, Street, etc.

3.  Allow Serial Commands for 'Actions' - Instead of having hotkeys like...

• <vkCode>13</vkcode>
    • <action>ZoomIn</action>,  

I think it would be better to send serial commands.  

• $action=ZoomIn;  returns current zoom number.
    • $action=ZoomOut; returns current zoom number.
    • $action=MoveUp; returns 0/1.

Something else that would be nice, but not entirely necessary would be the ability to control how far it moves.  Currently when using the 'MoveUp' command the map jumps quite a bit rather than smoothly scrolling like it does with the mouse.  Same thing happens when zooming.

• $action=ZoomIn;1;  returns current zoom number;
    • $action=ZoomIn;0.5;
    • $action=ZoomIn;3;
    • $action=MoveUp;1;  etc...

Thanks,
    -Darren
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • The old Navigator 11 for Windows Mobile did provide TCP/IP and serial commands, but I dunno (and i _want_ to know) if that is possible with the Android versions of Navigator (free or paid!)
  • It is not possible in Android version 0.11.x, but it will be possible in 0.12.x which we will start to test by the end of this month (Oct 2012).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion