Change sounds for camera warning
  • I want to change the sounds for camera warnings, because the defaults are to short. Is it possiible to do that? If yes, how can I do it?
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • You can use *.wav-files for that. Put them into the same folder as navigator.exe.

Go to Menu --> Settings --> Speed Warnings --> Camera warning levels and sounds
    Select one Warning, click "Select sound" (bottom of screen) and select your own sound.
  • Hello Crocodilefarm, thanks for Your Comment. But I think, we discuss not about the same Version. I use MapFactor Navigator Ver. 1.00 for Android. In my menu I can't find the buttton select sound and there is also no navigator.exe file.
  • Sorry, you're right, I'm using the WinCE-Version.

Well, I don't know anything about Android, but perhaps this will work:

Do you can locate your settings.xml file for Navigator on your mobile?
    There should be the <SCOUT>-XML Tag.

In the following XML-Tags should be something like <scout_treshold_sound> and <scout_level1_sound> (level2, level3)

Is the value inside those tags something with sounds_xx_signal.mca\alarm01.wav
    If yes, can you find the sounds_xx_signal.mca - file in your mobile?
    Perhaps if you put your wav-files into the same place and change the value for <scout_level(1-3)_sound> to the same path as the sounds_xx_signal.mca to your wav-file, it could work?!?

E.g.

Old or actual value:
    <scout_level1_sound>\User\sounds_xx_signal.mca\alarm01.wav</scout_level1_sound>

New value:
    <scout_level1_sound>\User\mySound01.wav</scout_level1_sound>

:-?
  • Hallo Crocodilefarm, Vielen Dank für Deine Mühe. Leider ist die Struktur meines Programms anders. Ich habe jetzt die .wav- Files gefunden und geändert. Aber die Meldungen kommen jetzt in Situationen, die ich nicht ändern wollte. Anscheinend werden diese Sounds auch noch für andere Funktionen verwendet, Ich forsche weiter.
    joker4711
  • Gut, schade,

dann kann ich Dir leider auch nicht weiter helfen. Kenne mich mit Android überhaupt nicht aus.
    Mein Handy ist noch aus einer anderen Generation...

Viel Erfolg beim Forschen. Und, vielleicht kannst Du bei Erfolg die Lösung ja posten?

crocodilefarm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged