Commercial Navigator 12 with OSM?
  • I am inteested inpurchasing the commercial Navigator 12 and the maps of Europe. However, for trips outside these mapped areas (Navteq?), it would be great to add OSM maps without having to additionally install the Navigator Free on my small netbook. Can the commercial Navigator download and use the OSM material as well?

Regards,
    Marcus
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Marcus, yes, it is the same program using different settings. But you cannot display both map sets at the same time.
  • But it means that when for example I cross the border to Kazakhstan, I can switch over from TeleAtlas to OSM display for that state? This would indeed be great, to have the - presumably more reliable - TeleAtlas maps within Europe, and to be able to have at least rudimentary OSM map coverage when on a large vacation trip.

Marcus
  • yes, you would need to close Navigator and open Navigator FREE - it is the same program, but opens with different parameters.
  • I saw that I have the possibility to open Navigator "normal" and "free" in the Start menu, so I will make two separate link icons on the desktop. This is really a great variability!

Regards,
    Marcus

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion