Correct speed camera recognition, please! (Android/OSM)
  • Hi,

I drive a lot on Autobahns; now and then, I receive a speed camera warning, where clearly there isn't any.

Two typical examples:

1. On the A1, travelling south / north, when you are on the bridge above the exit Bocklemünd, Navigator twitters - because on the road under the bridge, there are two speed cameras.
    [Strangely, going north/south, there is no alarm, even though the cameras are closer to that side of the Autobahn.]

Coordinates:
    50.97105/6.85026 to 50.982647/6.854471

2. Driving along a random.stretch of the A3, north / south, Navigator twitters - because there's a nearby street parallel to the Autobahn with TWO speed cameras; (only) the more northerly one causes a reaction.

Coordinates:

51.17973/6.9476123 to 51.171482/6.9523087

Until some days ago I had accepted this as "probably unavoidable", BUT Magic Earth (OSM based) DOES avoid this; surely Navigator can do the same?!

Kind Regards,
    Jochen
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Jochen, do you know source of Magic Earth cameras?
  • Sorry, no idea.
    This morning I uninstalled, then reinstalled the speed cameras (option in the app), and each time checked every file both in SDcard/Android/data and in /data/data, but nowhere (including "Applog.txt") could I see anything with the right time stamp.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion