can't get nav free to load maps
  • I am in the usa, and downloaded the 47gb planet osm form OpenStreetMap.org.
    As I am a newbee...I need some help
    I can not get the free ver to display the map I downloaded from OpenStreetMap
    I tried the obvious and moved the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator15\PC_Navigator\config\map

None of the maps that the program brings up under the "free regions" is in the USA..
    So I Downloaded the Planet file from OpenStreets and tried to run it...no luck..
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance!!
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • this is not possible, you need to download maps already processed by us
    open NSetup utilities and go to Download maps/manage map downloads

• So "FREE" is not free if you live in the USA??
  • Navigator doesnt support file you downloaded. It supports only MCA files from us. Please be sure that you are using latest version of setup utility - you can download it here: http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/en/download/

On computers with Windows 8.1 and 10 you can also use another version which has better map downloader: https://www.microsoft.com/cs-cz/store/apps/mapfactor-gps-navigation/9nblggh3666j

If you still have problem please report which countries are missing, thank you.
  • In my Setup Utiliy I find a branch "Amerika", opened this I find the countries on the American continent (North and South) and another subbranch called "USA OSM". If I open this, I can select the USA states I want to download. I wonder why this should not work on @o07wray 's installation.
  • I am sorry, I was informed that this OSM map would work in Navi 15 free...  but still the "free" program has no option for a North America or USA map under the "free" ver.
    However, the "commercial" map section does have a North America map..
     Thank you LUBOS ..
  • @o07wray : Please use the mapfactor "Setup Utility" - and you'll find the "free USA maps" ...

• I feel stupid.. but it was hard to find the way its listed...
    Thank you for all your help !!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion