Map Files Location in Android 4.3
  • I have installed Navigator on my Huawei Y530 and downloaded the free map files for Ontario/Canada.  So far I am very pleased with the app.

Two questions, tho:

1. Where are the downloaded map files located? The folder storage/sdcard0/navigator contains one sub-folder, temp, which one
    folder labelled 4.3 which is empty, and six small files with the extension .mpfctmp.  I cannot find a data file containing the .mca files. 

2. Is there any way to download the .mca files to my external sdcard1 and have Navigator look for them there.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • 1. android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data
    2. you can copy .mca files to this folder
  • Thank you, Tomas.  I finally found the files in sdcard1/Android/data/mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data.  Sdcard1 is my micro-SD card.  I had been looking in sdcard0/Android/data/mapfactor.navigator.  It looks like Navigator automatically downloads and stores the fines in the external memory, if that exists.

Regards

Trevor
  • In extended settings you can even change the card, or just check the installation path.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion