Route info: tab order
  • I have a simple request regarding the Android app:
    In the "Route info" window, I would like to see the three tabs ("Routing points", "Itinerary", "Route Setup") in a different order. I would like them to appear in this order: "Routing points","Route Setup", "Itinerary", because when I enter a new route, I go through these tabs from left to right, and "Route Setup" should be looked at before "Itinerary". "Itinerary" should really be the last step, as it contains the all important button: "Calcolate route"
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • I do not agree with IU0BMP. I use MNF only for car routing and my route setup is completely finetuned. I normally never touch it so for me it is NOT the second step but only a hardly used third option.
    I also want Route points to remain as first tab, but I also want to keep Itinerary as second tab. Especially because of that "Calculate Route" button. I don't want that one to be even more in the back.

Having Route Setup or Itinerary as 2nd or 3rd tab is not a showstopper for me though, but for my workflow it is simply not logical.

In other words:  Please keep it as it is!
  • What about adding a drag and drop functionality to the tabs??
  • No big deal. I can live as it is currently ;) . But for me "Route setup" is not a hardly used option. Driving inside and outside the city, I use two different car profiles (the default one, plus another one tailored on slow traffic conditions) and I go to route setup quite often (not to mention that it is possible to choose between fastest and shortest). Not a major issue anyway...
    (drag and drop would be nice.)
  • I understand why you want that. I do have a "Touristic" car mode as well where I prefer the smaller roads and avoid the motorways and primary roads, but that's only occasionally during my holidays.
    As mentioned: It's not a big deal for me either, but I'm glad we agree on the Route Points tab :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion