How to do City to City
  • I just want to put in starting city and ending city.  I don't want to add an exact address.  This also could be over two states.  Also, I want to use this offline.  I have download all of the US maps.

thanks
    Mike
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • you need to set state and then city and then select town centre
    e.g. North Caroline/Raleigh/Town centre
  • I'm new to this navigator.  I'm on the home screen which has search, navigate, route info, my places tools map.  Would you please give me a guick explanation of how.  example for U.S.  Eugene, Oregon to Seattle, WA

thanks you
  • Also,  how do i get rid of a current route during my test drive

thanks
    Mike
  • I assume you wish to Calculate route
    if you want to Navigate then go to step two and select Navigate instead of Destination

from main menu Search > Address click on Country
    type 'or', click Oregon
    type 'eug' click Eugene
    click Town centre
    select Set as Departure

when you set new destination, old one will be replaced

click Menu
    Search > Address click on Country
    type 'wa', click Washington
    type 'seattle' click Seattle
    click Town centre
    select Set as Destination

click Menu > Tools > Calculate route

• thank you.  I also found this by goggling.   http://www.quicksetupguide.com/phone/android74.htm

Again, thank you
    Mike
  • wife has to go to Omaha, NE to baby sit the grandkids.  She will have to take them to school.  How do I add the school address to my places.  Is that done under groups and how do I add the school address.  I want to put in as  many address from here before she goes

thanks
    Mike

Starting to get a better understanding on how to.  Now I just have to teach the wife.
    :))
  • you can download manual here:
    http://www.mapfactor.com//pn12/

or watch this

• thank you.  that should help.  let me work through that, then post any questions that I have.

thank you
    Mike
  • I'm doing a test and every address I'm trying to type in are not found.  Here are my steps

enter Country - Nebraska (USA)
    Enter City/Region/postcode - Omaha, Douglas County
    Enter Street - 818 Crestridge Road, Omaha, NE

When I enter 818 no results.  I have looked up and entered several major business and no address is found,  I even tried to enter city hall of Omaha, City Hall is located at:
    Omaha-Douglas Civic Center
    1819 Farnam Street
    Omaha, NE 68183

No address found

thank you
    Mike
  • I'm using the free maps
  • when street numbers are available in the map data then you can search for it, for example New York/Manhattan/5th Avenue.
    Unfortunately house numbers are frequently missing in free maps, but are available in TomTom maps.

Free maps are created by volunteers at www.openstreetmaps.org - anybody can join and help to make maps better using their local knowledge.

Having said this, you can type (speak) address in the built-in Google search.
  • I will have to do a search then save the routes for my wife.  It's a wifi or offline tablet with GPS.

I think I can save routes.  Is that correct

thanks
    Mike
  • Now I'm doing a google search from navigator.  I get the message not connected to the internet.  I can use my browser and connect to websites
  • Hmm if i search on my PC's browser for 818 crestridge road omaha nebraska i get a result on google maps. If i do the same search on MFN address search through the google tab I get a warning box !Navigator no position available yet. Any ideas?

Edit.
    Solved myself.
    Do the search with the google tab but change the search option under the address bar to near destination, or everywhere.
  • Navigator will not connect to the internet.  I'm doing a search
    then I change from address to google
    I google the address and then it say I need to connect to the internet.

I open a browser and I'm connected to the internet.  I go back to Navigator and it tells me I need to connect to the internet

I'm using the free version

Mike
  • I left it alone for the day and now navigator google is connection to the internet

Mike

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion