How do I get voice prompts?
  • I don't get any sounds at all from Navigator 11 free running on an HTC HD2. (except a short beep when using volume up/down)
    I have installed English voices. I see a file sounds_en.mca and sounds_xx_signal.mca in the same folder as the map data united_kingdom_osm.mca

Everything else works.

Any ideas?

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • I am also using HD2 and have no problem. See if Eglish Lotta sounds are selected in Settings/Language.
  • I am using ver 1.0.0 android on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and have English Lotta selected and also get no sound despite enabling speed and camera sound.
  • delete sound and download it again
  • I am using NavigatorFree on a Samsung Galaxy III, Android 4.1.1
    The sound in Navigator is somehow linked to Music Player. If the sound is on mute in Music Player, i do not have sound in Navigator, and vice versa. Not sure why there is this link between various apps. Music Player mute/unmute controls sound in my MobileMetronome app the same way. If I get a bluetooth call in the car, Navigator may lose sound; I can switch it back on by going to Music Player, where I find that the volume has been switched automatically by the device to mute, so I switch it back on.
    This app has personality, I'll give it that.
    Wouldn't travel without it, though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged