Navigator free crashes with my POI file
  • I am quite new at this: After reading a lot online I passed a POI file through DiggerQt and lo, out came a .mca file! I was feeling very pleased with myself until, when I go to Navigator's Import function and click on the new file, Navigator stops.

The version is digger_11_0_47, downloaded 2 days ago, and because it was happy with my input file I assume that it was in UTF-8 encoding. I have the file in lots of formats, but not XLS. Also, to make the file small and fit the maps I have, I ran it through a basic routine to strip out all the sites outside Spain or Portugal, which I can only do to a text file.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong with my new file? It started as a .csv, (free from Archiescampings.eu) a typical line looks like this:

-5.33480, 36.19174, "SurEuropa 3a - La Linea (08/01-21/12) >+34956643587" 

Could it be that I got the Latitude and Longitude in the wrong order, so that none of the points is on a map that Navigator knows about?

Has anyone gone through this loop already? Or got a csv file they know works after conversion with Digger, which I could have for comparison?

Any help gratefully received.
    Thanks, Paul
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • ... just for fun I imported the archies-camping pois via csv-file using diggerQT
    Seems to be no problem for digger ..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion