A couple of questions MapFactor
  • I wondered if anyone could help me with a few answers on the free version of your software.

1/ I am using the application on a ce5 device 480x272 with an atlas II 300mhz / 64MB. I noticed that when driving the map position doesn't update smoothly it seems to go in increments rather than one continuous movement. I have tried switching between vector grabbing and bitmap grabbing (
    I saw no perceived difference in map quality.) to see if this helps but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the performance, also tried 2d rather than 3d.
    2/ The application doesn't exit cleanly when pressing the exit menu item,the application stays visible. I noticed if I then press the application screen again it exits. (I see similair on a version I have running under xp.)

3/ On my device (touch screen calibrated correctly) I have trouble with the scrolling menus,should I see scroll bars ? Maybe its because my device is resistive touch ?

4/ I have seen a problem with the application not appearing to display the correct number of POI's. For a given location when selecting POI "Any" mode a certain number of POIs are shown however when drilling down further eg shopping and eating / cafe Pub then additional POI's are shown not seen under "Any". Same occurs if "ANY selected on Shopping and eating.

A similair situation appears to occur when searching for towns or streets. For example if you set UK as your find and navigate you see a small number of cities which when scrolled only cover A to C (rather than all A-Z) however if say a letter "W" is entered from the keyboard additional towns with "W" are shown.

5/ When the route needs to re-calculate as a result of
    going away from the suggested route the display says GPS signal lost
    during this re-calculation.

I must say this is a great piece of software and something I have been looking for sometime for WinCe (I hope you continue to maintain CE version) Furthermore I look forward to seeing the Android version as well.

Apologises for the long post

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!