Add camera warning sounds to backup/restore.
  • I had, keyword had, customized warning sounds for speed cameras. With the upgrade to a new phone, and Android version, I've lost the ability to put my sounds in.  The files were com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/warningsounds/scout_100 (plus 500 and 1000). Now the directory is hidden.
    I would ask that you add the files to the backup file, then I can off load that file, replace the *.wav files, upload the backup file and do a restore with it.
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • transfer Navigator to SD, or USB - then you can access this folder (settings/Map manager)
    then you can transfer back
  • The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. There is no SD/USB connection on the phone.
  • there is USB C, you can use USB drive
  • Plugged a USB into USB C port that's used for charging. The phone informed me that "There's moisture or foreign material in your charging/USB port. Check before charging."
    The only way I've found to transfer files to/from the phone is via Bluetooth. But, the Mapfactor directory is hidden from pretty much everything, and I've crawled all over the known file system using the Total Commander app. The one directory that seems to relate to Mapfactor is empty, to the app anyhow.
  • dry connectors first
  • I have Mapfactor on the SD card for my Samsung phone. When you touch the file folder, the Mapfactor files will not show. I connected my phone to my Windows 11 laptop. The data file now shows the alerts and maps. I just created a folder on the computer and saved the data file there. Try connecting your computer and see what results you get.
  • Thank you both for your attempts. I think a lot, if not all, of my problems arise from the Android software that is being used on the phone.
    Tomas - The port is dry and there is nothing in it except a USB drive that I plugged in. The phone will not accept anything other than a charging cable/device.
    Charles - I only have linux computers. Quit using Windows software almost 20 years ago.
  • Just curious how did you take the sound files and change it to a custom file? I have cameras on my Gamin GPS and have my own custom voice alerts for them. They are wav files that I would like to used them on MapFactor. The same with replacing the camera files. The camera files I have are more up to date. When I first stated using MapFactot it was easy to load personal files.

• I actually have two phones with Mapfactor loaded on them. The first, a very old Samsung, is pretty easy to work with. Everything is stored on a micro-SD chip that I move over to my linux box and beat up using the tools there. As far as the warning sounds go, I found some short ones one the internet I liked (nothing personal to the Mapfactor folks but I really don't like the default sounds). The ones I picked up are nautical in nature, the warning sounds for a collision, submarine diving, and general quarters (in that order and they tend to get my attention when they start to sound). I have moved the files (plain old WAV files) over to the new phone using bluetooth. But the Android version there has hidden all the directories so I can't put them into the proper place (as a matter of a fact I can't even find the backup files that Mapfactor creates). We've beaten the dead horse about trying to use the USB port. So as it stands...the old phone has the custom sounds, the new phone has the factory sounds. I can live with this since the old phone is used in my older car where there's no GPS, the newer car has a GPS builtin (no camera warnings though), and the newer phone I carry when I'm wandering around in strange places, as all tourists do (but I do like to have my hotel in it so I don't get to lost, think Venice on a cloudy day with no idea which way North is because there's no shadows).
  • you may need to change Android settings to accept OTG?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion