Limit on POI creation with DiggerQT
  • hello

i'm generating POI files with DiggerQT from excel-files. They contain about 250 points. the creation of the .mca file runs without any error, the final message is:

Output path is 'E:\Garmin Maps\Digger\digger11_110712\import\Baltikum.mca'

[Step #1 of 5] : test 254 objects for reading...

Importing 254 objects

[Step #2 of 5] : divide objects to plots...

[Step #3 of 5] : retrieve objects positions and indices...

[Step #4 of 5] : put objects into the tables...

[Step #5 of 5] : put objects into the graphic entity files...

1 icons copied.

Imported data was packed to 11.3KiB ( to 26.1 percent ).

Import finished

However when running Navigator FREE i can see only the first 100 points. What is the problem?

regards yogi

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hello yogi,
    you see 100 points in the search? That's default limit - if you type some letters you should be able to get them all. Or are they missing in the map?
    thank you
       Martin
  • Hi Martin

a) I saw only 100 points in the search, I did not know about the limit. By typing some letters I can see all of them.

b) I was missing some of them on the map. Some others were in the middle of the sea, in Google Earth they were on the right spot. I have been searching a little bit and read something about special characters causing problems. I had a few ">" and "<" signs in the table, after removal of them everything seems to be ok now.

thanks

yogi

• :) great, you are welcome ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion