Test of Android version 4.0.x
  • 112 Comments sorted by
  • @Roldorf
    well, I followed your three-point instructions from 15th May and have no problem finding hotels (or any other POI group) around destination
    Radisson, Ramada, Classico, Atlantic

• Version 4.0.45
    I imported a GPX file with route points which worked fine. It calculates a route fine. Instead of the name I gave it, it gets automatically the name "Nieuwe tussenpuntenlijst 1" (Dutch). When I try to rename it, the route disappears and is no longer available. Neither after a restart. No matter which name I use (like simple aa), it disappears.
    When I simply exit, the route is auto-saved with the auto-generated name.

If I simply save (save current route), I can give it name but it is added next to my existing just imported "Nieuwe tussenpuntenlijst 1", so now I have 2 identical routes. I can't rename either of them.

Workaround: Import route with standard auto-generated name, use button "save current route" giving it the correct name, then delete (or rename :) ) auto-generated imported route.

Workaround: Remove current loaded route from navigator, Import route with standard generated name, use button "save current route" giving it the correct name, then delete (or rename) the auto-generated imported route.

Please fix.
  • @amlumsden - I am still waiting on feedback on two APKs I sent you, also there is nothing new on my side

@Roldorf - I fixed the issue, it will be in 4.0.47+. Note that the issue was there only when SW renderer was active

@hvdwolf - There was a bug with renaming routes which has no group. All your lost routes are in routing_points.xml but there not visible (their names are starting with "!#IN -1"). I fixed the issue in version 4.0.47+
  • @lubos, sorry for the delay in responding but I was away longer than expected.  I have emailed you directly.  Many thanks for your help and apologies again for the delay. 
  • @lubos

Many thanks Update to 4.0.47 POI searches, nearest, map center etc now works with SW renderer on all my devices.
  • 4.0.47 also fixed the renaming of the routes (which are not in a group).
    Thanks.
  • in 4.0.48  voice stutters
    Today I noticed that the commands are spoken by a stuttering voice. Not always. Sometimes the sound is ok.  But regularly the sound has hickups so fragments of the command are gone. And then I can not understand the spoken command.
    This happened with the dutch recorded voice. I changed to the english voice but the problem remains. It looks as if mapfactor is busy with someting else that has a higher priority then sound.
  • Since re-installing version 4.0.48 after testing a couple of builds, Navigator doesn't recognise my local backups nor my favourites although both files are there.  Am I missing the obvious? 
  • @amlumsden: Check whether your new data is on external memory or internal memory,
  • @hvdwolf,  data is on external memory.  Placed backup on internal memory but every time I try to restore, the app hangs.

Also noted that I still have problems with hardware rendering which seems to be related more to TomTom maps rather than OpenStreetMaps.  Very strange.

EDIT:   Noticed that my backup seems to be corrupt so that solves one problem. :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion