Mauritius mca Map bugs
  • Hello,

The updated map for Mauritius Island available for Navigator FREE has got a bug. I believed first that it was due to a bug in the OSM map. But this is not the case as OsmAnd  using the same OSM map source does not show the problem.
    Between 2 roundabouts (20°17'12.2"S / 57°31'29.3"E and 20°19'15.6"S / 57°32'31.3"E), the existing motorway M1 cannot be used.
    It seems that the conversion from the OSM source (which is correct) to the .mca maps failed somewhere.

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • It does work fine for me in both ways. I have the 44-201410150 map.
    Are you sure you didn't disable the motorways?
  • Thanks for your feedback .
    The motirways are of course allowed.
    I am using the latest version dated in November 201411130 and Navigator PC 14 to check the map.
    When selecting the trip from Port-Louis to Mahebourg, the route leaves the motorway a few Km after Port Louis (around Curepipe) and goes back on the same motorway a few Km ahead between these 2 towns.
    Do you see the same default ?
    Which Navigator version are you using ?
  • Yes, you are right. It is an error in Navigator.

I tried two other ones and both route correctly over the M1. Neither can I find errors in OSM.
    I can only think that it is due to the Wooton roundabout which has u-turn restriction tags which are not correctly interpreted.
    If I calculate a route straight after Wooton roundabout to Mahebourg, the route is correct.

Just before the roundabout gives a "no route" error.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged