digger_12_1_5 convert to .mca file don't work?
  • Hi
    With digger I make a conversion of my POI's .csv to .mca.  (.csv in UTF-8 format)
    Put the .mca in the wright place in Navigator free. Say File.mca
    Open Navigator Free - Find - POI - Import  and I have the file
    When trying to choose the file to see the pois it says Nothing and in the map I have no points.

What coud be wrong?

Thanks
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • Have you checked the "Lat" and "Lon" Numbers? Perhaps they are swapped?
    I've had that once and my POIs where found anywhere in Africa...

Check the Zoom-Level for the Points, set them to the highest value and let them show you again on the map. Are they visible?

• Lat and Long it's ok

As I said when I go to Find - POI - IMPORT I have the file name. But when I click over the file name nothing happens. I got a message saying No result.  What should happen by clicking over the file name?

And in the map there are no pois

It's MapFactor Navigator  Version 1.4.24

• during import you need to select one field to show on map
    did you?
  • Yes. And when I'm doing all process it says 50 or 100 pois imported. All the process with no errors.
    Please I ask again because I think is important:

when I go to Find - POI - IMPORT I have the file name. But when I click over the file name nothing happens. I got a message saying No result.  What should happen by clicking over the file name? Must see several POI's?
  • Yes, when you click the imported mca file name you should see the POIs in that file
  • Ok
    Now I saw a digger.log:

ERR 2015/01/12 18:07:43 XPathNode: can not access source file: D:\Android\Programas\MapFactor\digger_12_1_5\import\aa\digger_config.xml
    ERR 2015/01/12 18:07:43 XPathNode: can not access source file: D:\Android\Programas\MapFactor\digger_12_1_5\import\aa.mca\digger_config.xml

What's wrong??? Where is this digger_config.xml???
  • Did you activate the checkbox "Name" in digger-menu "Data source type" ?
    ( "Check Name if you want the content of the source field shwon in table as Name" )
  • Is it possible, that you share at least a little part of your source file? So I could try to build a mca-file with your data, to see, if your error appears to me too.

At this moment it is strange, that you can't build yours.

To your digger.log. Is the mca.file you want to create the aa.mca or is that only a example-name for this thread?
    Usually to original map-file from MapFactor can't be opend with digger, so that error message is thrown.
  • Now I'm trying to make a mca file. If I have 10 records in a csv file in details I have just 9 records. For some reason there are always one record less.
    Can I share a csv file? How?

In a csv file with this 3 records when I try to make a mca file in details it says 2 records.

-9.00000, 39.00000, "teste1"
    -9.30000, 39.30000, "teste2"
    -9.40000, 39.40000, "teste3"
  • Or can you share a csv file just to try make a mca file? If so you can send it to my email adress: antgarrido@gmail.com
  • Okay, sharing a file in this forum doesn't work. Perhaps per mail.

Well, that you only see 9 instead of 10 records is, that you don't have a headline like
    lon,lat,name
    So the first line is used for that.

I tried to build a mca file with your three datasets, result: perfect. Posso ver todos.

What I did:

- gave your data a headline "lon,lat,name"
    - Start digger,
    - create new Import,
    - select icon for "imported data meaning"
    - set longitude and latitude
    - set new icon/picture for "single object for all records"
    - check 'Name' and 'Text on map' for source name 'name' (<-- 'name' from the headline)
    and than created the file (with "Save configuration an run import")
  • To get all Your records, try convert csv file to gpx.
  • Hello treta,

I've send you some files to your adress, let me know, if that helps you.

• Hello croco

Thanks for your help. It's working - I missed a headline

Now I have to navigate a little to learn how use it
  • Hi treta,
    sounds good, and don't forget, UTF8 doesn't support letters like ç,â,ã,é,è. I think, that's also why you couldn't see anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion