Please include Compass sensor to show direction of heading (if you don't move)
  • My biggest wish for an improvement would be to implement the compass feature.
    I use Mapfactor often also for walking. Just imagine you go out of the subway station: Most it is not clear, in which direction I have to go.
    If the arrow would point into the direction I hold the phone, that would help a lot!
    You might think, this is not your focus use case. But same problem is, when you come with a car out of a garage.

Do you think this can be implemented in soon?
    Please don't forget show the direction (or compass needle) also in case GPS hasn't yet already a fix.

PS.: I am aware, that compass is not 100% reliable in some environments.

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • compass is available in the latest version
  • Mh, found the settings, activated both checkboxes. Compass is calibrated (shown in advanced options).
    Open a Map but couldn't see a needle or something which gives me a hint that it works.
    Are there other preconditions (GPS fix?).
  • click the three mode button, bottom right
    you will see bar at the top
  • I get some "No position yet" only.
  • ?? I do not understand
  • Do I press wrong button? While showing the map I have at the button 3 boxes (I remember speed, time to destination ...), and obove the most right one there is a "map" icon. If I don't have GPS fix and press on it, I get the message, "no GPS position".
    The only other buttons are "+" and "-".
    Maybe I have to add, that I am working on a Android device. Maybe it is different for other platforms?
  • that is the correct button, press more then once

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion