mapfactor-data out of time(?)
  • I downloaded the newest Germany-Maps (20140921) but many changes (visible on openstreetmaps.org!) are not included. For instance the new part of the Autobahn A66 near Neuhof ("Tunnel Neuhof": http://osm.org/go/0D3nfQs8w-?relation=454881) and some other changes I made some weeks ago (drwaing houses and housnumers in some streets). Whats happen there?
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • Tunnel Neuhof (183316071)  Edited 13 days ago
    it will be in the next month release
  • Cut of is first Wednesday in the month for every map. See mdx' post, my question following (next post) and mdx' answer 2 posts further.
    It is indeed a bit inconvenient if "your" map is released at the end of the month.
  • OK, thank you for the fast answers!
  • I dont know any professional map-dealer offering maps with data less than one month old. So I'm lucky and thankfull with this getting for free.
  • "I dont know any professional map-dealer offering maps with data less
    than one month old. So I'm lucky and thankfull with this getting for
    free. "

I fully agree with you and have reflected that in several posts already.
    Nevertheless: If you are (fanatic) OSM maintainer you are always curious for your changes especially if you have the idea that you did something useful or fancy. If you live in Andorra, your changes are visible in the second week of the month. If you live in the Netherlands, like me, you have to wait at least 2 weeks more.
    Next to that: OSM is a 2-way traffic (to stay in the navigation area): it depends both on the OSM maintainers and the map makers.

Also: I did some complex changes. I finished them 2 days before the first wednesday in the month (to make sure that they were in the OSM queue itself). The early access build is still not available. If I need to correct or improve "things" I don't have much time which means that the map is not entirely correct for 2 months.
    That makes it a bit inconvenient.

• Also: I did some complex changes. I finished them 2 days before the
    first wednesday in the month (to make sure that they were in the OSM
    queue itself). The early access build is still not available. If I need
    to correct or improve "things" I don't have much time which means that
    the map is not entirely correct for 2 months.
    That makes it a bit inconvenient.

You're right, but this is a router and not a quality-assurance-tool. And how long does it last to correct or get corrected google- or TomTom-maps for instance?
    And how I said to my children:
    "Pacience is only a bad thing as long as you don't have it" ;)
  • OK, "netherlands_osm" moved to "premium" countries for a moment ;-) ... it was in the middle where big & small countries meet ...
    Edit (p.s.) : I see now that the conversion failed :( ... so hopefully tomorrow, sorry ...
  • "I see now that the conversion failed'
    Well, as they say: s**t happens.

Thanks for promoting us to the premium countries, even though it is for a moment. I feel honored.
    B-)
  • What do you mean with FAQ?
    should mdx for example post in the first post a list of the countries being created and in which order? (a list as such is on http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/en/maps/)
    Or that the cut off date is the first Wednesday of the month?
    or ..?
  • This topic starts with a FAQ.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion