Navigator FREE download maps?
  • Hey, how do I download maps for Navigator FREE? I downloaded the most recent version, but when I run it, it tells me that I have no maps and forces an exit.
  • 38 Comments sorted by
  • Do you use Setup Utility 10.2.x or older? In 10.2.x is button "Install data" and "Manage local data" (for PC version) or "Prepare setup on local medium" for PDA/PND version.
  • I used whatever one currently downloads from the website, and there are no buttons like that. I thought of that, and tried re-running it to see if there were any options to download maps, but there was nothing there.

I just ran it and checked, this was downloaded from the main site yesterday, it's version 10.1.21.
  • Ok, in 10.1.21 press "Install PC Navigator" on next page "Install data", select countries you would like to download, next, select sounds you want to use, next, that's it.
    This was a little bit confusing so we rearranged the buttons in 10.2.x ...
    does this help?
    thanks
    Martin
  • Yes, that's exactly what I needed. Thank you very much!
  • I am having the same issue with Setup Utility 11.0.6-1 ... cannot figure out how or where to install map files.  I download them directly in .osm format, but do not know where to put the files.  Keep getting the NO MAP DATA found error, and it exits.
  • @photowebmaster :
    - see the comment from mdx two posts above yours ...
    - or take a look at  the manual
  • so there is no way for me to use me edited .osm files?  do you have a utility to convert .osm to ..mca format?
  • I upgraded from 10 to 11 and everything seemed ok except there is no card shown, I can neither choose a card for navigation. I can see the .osm cards on my pda installed but when running pocketnavigator free 11 they aren't be found somehow. What do I wrong?
  • Version 11 requires new data (there was a change in format of MCA files between version 10 and 11). The MCA files are converted monthly (is possible) for whole planet. This means that all edits should be visible the next month.
    regards
       Martin
    @henkjan - I would delete old maps and download them again in Setup Utility 11
  • @Martin: I already did without succes
  • Any suggestion how to use navigator 11?
  • just open Setup utilities and install maps - this mus work
  • after a lot of experiencing I found out that starting the program from the todayscreen it works, but starting from the programs it won't.Because I use sense it would be nice the latter option would work.The todayscreen has 2 options: navigator and navigator free and the first behaves like the starting from the programms so I guess I need a paramater to start with (for the free option) Any help would be appreciated again.
  • sorry, what is today screen? do you mean desktop?
  • todayscreen on the pda
  • desktop on pda = (afaik) todayscreen
  • may be you have an old shortcut in the start menu? just go to file explorer and create a new one
  • I un-installed the program, whiped out every file and reinstalled it again with the same result.
  • switch between free/commercial version is available on PDA since version 11.0.4 (before that it was only on PND). There are two configuration files atlas.idc and atlas_free.idc and the two buttons are only linked to which IDC file to use (default is commercial). Command line parameter is --atlas=<IDC file>
    regards
       Martin
    p.s. switch should be in settings/maps/free or commercial ... maybe there is some conflict (?)
  • I found a solution: befor now I installed with the Dutch version, switching to English the problem is solved, so I guess some parameters are wrong in the Dutch installation kit. Everythiong is ok now. Thanks everybody for helping me.
  • with installation kit I mean: setup utility
  • obrazovka TODAY na iPaq 614 Business Navigator
    ========================================
    v nastavení Today obrazovky mám v Items i položku (zaškrtnutou) "Pocket Navigator 10 Free"
    ale na Today obrazovce se nic ohledně Pocket Navigatoru neobjeví.
    Kde je zakopaný pes?
  • aktualizace map z OSM
    ==================
    na adrese "http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/cs/maps/" jsou uváděny mapy s červencovými datumy.
    Můj MapFactor Automatic Update 10.2.7 Free
    ovšem stále nabízí pouze dubnové verze map a novější aktualizace podle hlášení "Nejsou k dispozici žádné novější aktualizace" prý nenalézá.
    KDe je problém?
  • @BobMB - seznam map na webu je podle verze 11. Zatim jsme se ke kroku update 10.2 -> 11.0 neodhodlali, takze doporucuji odinstalovat 10.2 a stahnout si novou setup utility pro verzi 11

[en: the list of available maps is based on version 11. So far we did not update 10.2 -> 11.0 automatically, so we would recommend to uninstall version 10.2 and install new setup utility version 11 (available on download)]
  • Díky za odpověď, vzhledem k mým problémům s rozchozením verze Pocket verze 10.2 a blížícímu se odjezdu na cestu, kde budu navigaci opravdu potřebovat, jsem si to nerisknul a ani nerisknu.
    *** Jdou přenést mezi verzí 10.2 a 11 alespoň konfigurační xml soubory? ***
  • I just upgraded from 11.0.15 to 11.0.16 and the maps are gone.If I go to the maps menu it is correctly configured to use the Free version. If I go to "Select region" I can only see camera light and camera speed. I tried to add a country from the setup utility but cannot see it in the list neither.
  • Are you sure you are running the FREE version? Imports are for both versions so you want see "no maps found, do you want to run free version?" dialog. Is it pocket/PND version? Can you look at Menu\Settings\Maps\Free or Commercial, that you have "Free data set" selected?
    thanks
       Martin
  • Yes it is this way. If I select commercial it asks to restart but after I restart Free is still selected.
  • I tried to completely uninstall and reinstall on my pocket device but still have the same issue. I also removed all maps but for some reason it still uses the camera file.
  • can you send me your navigator.log.txt?
    thanks
      Martin
    p.s. do you see the MCA files on your SD Card? (in File Explorer for example)

• So I finally solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the Setup program on my computer. Unfortunately for some other reason I had to reload the ROM of my device and thus do not have the old files anymore. I will make sure to keep the file if the problems happens again.
  • The same thing happened when upgrading to 11.0.19. After updating the maps were gone. I had to remove speed cameras to get the maps working again.
  • Once again when updating to 11.0.28 I could not get any map despite the settings saying I was using the Free version. I had to uninstall cameraspeed and cameralight, restart the application which then showed up a screen to switch to Free mode, then reinstall cameraspeed and cameralight.
  • Hello Tieum,
    do you run Navigator:
    1) using Today screen
    2) using shortcuts (FREE, commercial)
    3) directly (click on navigator.exe)
    ?
    thanks
       Martin
  • Hello Martin,

I start from the start menu on my Windows phone if this is your question.
  • Hello Tieum,
    thanks to Denis_co I have now an idea what going on there. The problem emerges when you have FREE key in commercial configuration (atlas.idc). It is passed there from Setup Utility. We will fix that - the request for switch changed during the life of version 11.0.x and this is one of side-effects. Sorry for the trouble.

What can you do at the moment is:
    1) use Today screen (switch it to "Navigator FREE" and it overrides internal settings)
    or
    2) install CAB file manually, i.e. without entering the key. After start of Navigator answer No/Cancel in entering key dialog and you should get question "Do you want to run FREE version?"
    or
    3) manually edit atlas.idc ... better would be to copy atlas_free.idc to atlas.idc. That way you would not be able to switch to commercial version, but that's probably not your case.
    thanks for your patience
       Martin
  • Z "OSM" je pro verzi 11 stahována verze map České republiky 201204120,
    která ale obsahuje nějaká zvláštní data.
    Konkrétně je chyba v mapě Mladé Boleslavi, ulice "Jiráskova" mezi ulicemi "17.listopadu" a "U stadionu",
    kde je v Navigator Free 11 zobrazována v celém úseku jednosměrka, což je stav z poloviny devadesátých let,
    kdy se na třídě "Václava Klementa" budoval hlavní kanalizační přivaděč pro novou čističku a jeden směr provozu na trase MB - Kosmonosy byl veden právě Jiráskovou ulicí.
    Na OSM je přitom správný stav, kde je jednosměrka jen v počáteční části úseku mezi ulicemi "Jana Palacha" a "U stadionu", tedy pouze v úseku kolem "Pentagonu".
  • Street Jiraskova was recently edited couple times (see http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/43996104/history ). For us is important moment of release of planet OSM, which was April 1st 2012, and at that moment there was
    oneway = yes
    In Navigator you can see the latest fixes in May 2012.
    ------------
    Ulice Jiráskova byla nedávno několikrat editována (viz http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/43996104/history ). Pro zpracování v daném měsící je důležité, co je přesně v planet.osm, v tomto případě 1. dubna 2012. V té době ale ještě byla ulice jednosměrná:
    oneway = yes
    Opravy se projeví až v květnových datech
    díky
       Martin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion