How to update speed camera data?
  • Hi guys, how can I update the speed camera data that is used in the free version? Is it based on some OSM feature that is publicly editable? Thanks
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • it is based on scdb.info
    you can email them directly
  • The Mapfactor page on their website mentions that the database is updated on monthly base.
    How does that "arrive at" the user?
    If I check the map download section for the speed cameras, I see that the current version is "1002-201807040", and that is in the new beta 5.0. I do not know if previous versions show the same speed camera/traffic light camera versions.
    For fixed cameras that should not be a hot item, but we don't seem to get the monthly updates (current 8 months old). Is that correct?

And maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember ever having seen a new version available. So am I wrong ? :)
  • it is a bug, date is incorrect
  • Ok, thanks, good to know.

But that doesn't answer all my questions.
    "How does that "arrive at" the user?
    And maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember ever having seen a new version available. So am I wrong ?"
    Or in other words: How often? Does it update with the maps if there is a new version?

And a new one: When will the bug be fixed?
  • it comes the same way as map updates, you may not notice it if you just click the Download button

bug fix hopefully soon
  • Thanks Thomas. However, it appears scdb.info is down at the moment.

Could you provide a contact email address instead? I'd send them my changes and coordinates directly.

So far I have probably seen only a single update to the data in the past few years.
  • I have no problem accessing their web site
    support@scdb.info
  • Yep, website is back now. I can't find the camera ID in the app or on their website in order to report an abolished camera. I'll email them with the coordinates instead.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion