No alternative routes found as of today
  • This has not been an issue previously: I searched a destination this morning and saved the result to 'My places'.  Choosing 'Navigate', one route alone displayed.  I searched a local postcode, which has returned three choices always, and selected 'Navigate' directly.  One result again.
    I have Premium Features, and 'Alternative Routes' is shown as 'In purchased pack'.
    'Alternative routes' is checked in Navigation>Advanced.
    I am running version 3.1.120 on my Moto G 4G Android 'phone.
    I have powered my 'phone off and on to no avail.  
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • not all routes have reasonable alternative and, of course, it also depends on your vehicle settings
    please provide departure and destination, we will check
  • Tomas
    I thank you for your prompt reply.
    Search 1: Postcode RG9 4ED (Binfield Heath) to Postcode RG19 8BD (Ashford Hill)
    There are clear choices of alternative routes to this destination, as I know historically.
    Search 2: Postcode RG9 4ED (Binfield Heath) to Postcode RG9 1TF (Henley-on-Thames)
    Previous navigation calculations have resulted in three choices to this destination, as I wrote in my original post.
    I have changed vehicle settings recently to reflect more appropriate speeds of different classes of road.  I would not expect those changes to prevent choices.  I have not excluded any road classes except 'Other road'.

• Problem solved.
    I had changed 'Preference' percentages in 'Road Restrictions' to decrease according to the roads hierarchy, in addition to changing the speeds themselves.  Returning 'Preference' to 50% in all cases resulted in three routes appearing once again upon calculating navigation.
    It leaves me to wonder further how to use 'Percentage' effectively? 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion