HD Traffic for Navigator Free on Android - licence problem
  • Since I bought a one year licence for HD Traffic, there have been three occasions when I was told „no valid licence” and had to uninstall / reinstall  Navigator Free.

Is this part of a general problem with HD Traffic, or have I simply been unlucky?
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • this has not been reported yet
  • I had that as well. Not on my phone, but on the android head unit in my car.
    The license was for my phone and I figured it was somehow connected to the hardware id.
    I wanted to post about this as well as it started last Wednesday or so, but didn't find it important enough to do that.
    I did two sequential android firmware flashes to the car head unit and both times had to restore apps and settings. Both times Navigator complained and hung. After killing and restart I simply got a white screen. Uninstal and reinstall fixed it both times, but I don't have traffic on my car head unit.

So again: I guess the hardware id is breaking it up, but the license check is not correct or fail proof enough.

• yes, HD trafficis linked to device ID
    I think this is not problem Jochen describes
  • I think it is as at least very familiar, as I get the exact same error.
    I think "something" in the license checking is not correct, whatever the reason.
    I got this on a unit without the license: why? It should not even mention it at all.
    And why did I have to reinstall, same as Jochen_K?
  • please email logs, I will check
  • I too am having a licence problem with HD Traffic. I recently changed my device & re-installed Navigator. Alternative routes, head-up display etc. all work fine but HD traffic reports a licence problem. Is it possible to transfer the licence to a new device?
  • HD traffic licence is linked to device ID, you need to email to get licence transferred
  • Hi,

I just received this response from technical support (Tomáš Kaczér), having sent several log files:

„that happens when file atlas.idc cannot be read - it makes no difference which
    maps you have, free maps have also licence
    it could be corrupted file, or faulty SD”
  • you could not start Navigator as file atlas.idc was corrupted
    that is totally unrelated.and has nothing to do with HD traffic

• So, my license problem is still unresolved?!

Currently everything works.

What should I do if „you do not have a valid HD Traffic license - do you want to buy one?” ever shoes its ugly face again (before the year is up)?

Send another log file right afterwards?
  • not sure what do you mean unresolved - everything works, so what do you want to keep resolving
    file was corrupted or SD faulty, it was not related to HD traffic server others mentioned

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion