New Navigator Version doesn't work anymore
  • The last time I used navigator on september.
    Yesterday I wanted to use it again and it doesn't work anymore on my Samsung S5. It seems, that meanwhile there has been an update installed, which is corrupt. Also a complete new installation doesn't helped.   

• 35 Comments sorted by
  • close Navigator and Clear data in Android settings > application manager > Navigator - then reboot your phone. 

PLEASE TAKE BACKUP FIRST, OTHERWISE YOU COULD LOOSE YOUR FAVOURITES...
    folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/

• this has not been successful on my phone. After a new installation and the start of Navigator I get the message "Navigator angehalten"
  • I'm also running MFN on a S5 and there are no problems. Do You run the app from the internal memory or from a SD card applied?
  • From a SD card. 
    But now I have made a complete deinstallation and than an installation - also with problems, see above.  
  • again a new installation on the phone memory. 
    Message " Ungültiger Lizenzschlüssel…."
  • you have to delete data in Android settings as per my earlier advice
    uninstallation will not help
  • I have deleted the data in Android settings without any positive result!
    Why an uninstall and new install should not help? I removed all navigator directories and checked this by an explorer before I made the new installation.
  • The uninstall on Android will always remove everything under /data/data/com.mapfactor.navigator and under /data/app/com.mapfactor.navigator. 
    That's not the issue.
    However, if you have installed maps on your sd-card you will also have data under /Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator. That should also be removed after having backuped your favorites (like Tomas mentions in post 2).

Your error " Ungültiger Lizenzschlüssel…." is the same as an English user and myself reported some months ago (with the error in English though ;) ).
    Did you purchase some options or license for traffic data? If so, this error is the result of that. Somehow, this does not always work especially if you have switched phones or simply installed it also on another phone under your Google Play id. The license somehow seems to be coupled both to the user (via Google Play?) and the device. So on another device, even if you don't want to use it there, you get this error.
    At that time Mapfactor could not give the English user and myself a satisfactory answer. But at some time the erorr just disappeared.
  • "Did you purchase some options or license for traffic data?
    No, I haven't purchased anything since month. I have a data flat rate since years.

I have an other device, Samsung Note 8, coupled via Google Play to the same account. With this phone navigator works fine without any problem.

I tried again a new installation. It seems to be successful. 
    At the download of cards I get the message wrong checksum for "Earth osm" and the download stopped.
  • > "Did you purchase some options or license for traffic data?
    > No, I haven't purchased anything since month. I have a data flat rate since years.

I meant the TomTom data license for traffic like traffic congestions, work on roads and the like.

The fact that it works on your other device is exactly what I meant that somehow the license structure from Mapfactor is "confused".
    (Die Lizenz configuration funktioniert ab und zu nicht gut zwischen zwei Telefonen)

• I use the OSM cards and not TomTom.

With the old APP Version I also worked with 2 phones and I never had problems. So it´s a problem of the new app version.
    .. and the problem with the checksum of "Earth osm" seems to be an other problem.

Have I to go back after 4 years to an other navigation app? I'm realy frustrated.
  • to me it sounds like faulty SD, that is if you install on SD

if you follow my instructions and delete data in Android settings, then start Navigator - first thing you will be asked is to download maps. Were you asked to download maps?
  • I checked the phone as described by hvdwolf - everything was clean.
    I started with a new installation on the phone memory, not on the SD.
    I have been asked to download maps. I started with Switzerland and Germany.
    The download stopped and I got the message: "Earth osm" checksum failure
    Now it's not possible to start Navigator again - I only get a white screen
  • something went wrong during download
    may be you can copy maps from your other device
    folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data
  • I could crash the installation of Navigator also on the smartphone Note 8 with the following commands:
    settings; card manager; change SD card for installation; external SD card
  • I think your SD is faulty, please check that
  • @tomas, two different smart phones, two different SD Cards, two different Android versions - and the same problem!!
    ... and you tell me, the SD Card is faulty!?

I think, faulty ist the following Navigator functionality:
    settings; card manager; change SD card for installation; external SD card

• I thought you said that one phone (S5) works
    when did this change?
  • one phone (S5) didn't work after the update
    one phone (Note8) works after the update

with the Note 8 I made the following test and I changed the settings: 
    <settings; card manager; change SD card for installation; select "external SD Card">
    after this change Navigator crashes. Also after a restart of the phone, I couldn't use Navigator.
    I deinstalled Navigator and re-installed it and I select "internal memory"
    Now it works again.
    In the evening I will try this with the S5.

My assumption: the Navigator function "change SD card for installation; select "external SD Card" is faulty
  • In my S5 settings, I moved the complete app from internal memory to SD card some time ago. Now, when trying to push maps to SD via MFN command, I will also run into problems. Just as a small hint, take into account to decide where to install app and cards before You begin and then leave it as it is.
  • fresh installation always ask - if you are not asked then there is something left from previous installation

you have to do what I suggested, otherwise we will be going in circles
    do not unistall and reinstall, you are wasting time

close Navigator and Clear data in Android settings > application manager > Navigator - then reboot your phone.
    then start Navigator - you will be asked to download maps. If you are not asked, then there are two possibilities
    1. you did not do it correctly
    2. your SD is corrupted and files cannot be cleared
  • @tomas, sorry but you are wasting my time. I described before, that I already have uninstalled navigator.

The results of my tests are: Navigator in the actual version is not able to support a SD-card. 
    Maybe, this concerns only Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6.0.1) and Note 8 (Android 8.0.0) .
    I can reproduce my problems each time, when I select the SD card for installation.

Both smartphones are working now again with Navigator, using only internal memory. 
    I don't think, that both SD cards (128GB each) are corrupt, because I use them for pictures, videos, music… without any problems. Also files can be deleted.

You can believe me or not, but these are facts.
  • I have two devices, a Xperia X Compact Android 8.0. and a Galaxy Tab A Android 8.1.. On both devices Navigator (4.0.95) is running on the external SD Card (64 GB each).

• with the following settings under Navigator?
    <settings; card manager; change SD card for installation; select "external SD Card">
    or with the settings under Android App Manager?

• you have to use Navigator to move to SD, Android does not do it properly

• I do not see any setting in Navigator settings. Both options for change SD card are blank.

On the tablet in App Info, Navigator is not listed as installed on the SD Card. It is listed to be installed on internal memory. But there is no directory ... com.navigator.navigator/files/navigator in internal memory. Such a directory (and files or even subdirectories within) you only find on external memory.

I do not remember, when and how I moved the app to SC card.
  • @Oldie "I do not see any setting in Navigator settings. Both options for change SD card are blank.
    I had the same effect on the S5, when I had these problems. 
    On the Note 8 the same constellation, without any problems.

Now on my phones (S5 and Note 8) the option "internal memory" is selected and the radio button is green.

on the internal memory there is the following directory with sub-directories and files:
        \Phone\Android\data\com.mapfactor.navigator\files\navigator

on the SD-card there is the following directory, but it is empty:
        \Card\Android\data\com.mapfactor.navigator

If I would change it to "external memory" I would get again the problem, that Navigator crashes. I tried this on both phones.

• I dusted my old mobile, Android 6.01 and had to charge it, thus delay im my answer

Navigator 3.1 was still on it in internal storage
    I inserted SD, upgraded Navigator to v4.0.97 and successfuly moved all to SD using Navigator settings feature.
    I checked that all files are on SD and none in the internal storage

I repeat my earlier comment and ask you to answer my points please

you have to do what I suggested, otherwise we will be going in circles
    do not unistall and reinstall, you are wasting time

close Navigator and Clear data in Android settings > application manager > Navigator - then reboot your phone.
    then start Navigator - you will be asked to download maps. If you are not asked, then there are two possibilities
    1. you did not do it correctly
    2. your SD is corrupted and files cannot be cleared
  • @tomas, have a look on my fist post and you can read that I already made a new installation.
    So I couldn´t follow your suggestion.

The reinstallation was not successful when I selected the external memory! So I had to select the internal memory. Now everything works again.

From my point of view we can end the discussion because I don't have time at the moment to try again to move the data from the internal memory to the external memory, with the risk that then again nothing works.

• it is a mystery to me why you don't do what I say

if your are seeking advice, then you should follow it, otherwise what is the point?
    even if you uninstalled reinstalled you should do what I suggested

• Galaxy S5, too. Do the following:

Clear all data like tomas said.
    Install MFN but do not start the app yet.
    Go to Android settings - app manager - of your device and move the app to SD card.
    Now start app and download maps, they will be stored in the maps directory of your MFN installation on SD card.

If this procedure fails, something is wrong with your smartfone or SD card, it's surely not MFN!

And btw, we try to help as good as we can, so please be patient and stay calm mustang!
  • that is not what I advised

I did not say to uninstall Navigator - if you do, you cannot clear data in Android settings/application manager/Navigator as you will not find it

I did not say to use Android settings to move Navigator - on contrary, I said that you must use feature in Navigator to move to SD

• Tomas,
    I did the procedure described as above after having moved the whole MFN directory to another directory. Then installed new, pushed the app to SD card, downloaded one small card and copied back the whole thing. Perfect!

Edit :
    I did clear all data in Android app manager before uninstalling. Exactly the way you described.
  • Hallo,
    I think, I've a similar problem in my Honda Jazz IV. The "Honda Connect"-system unfortunatly runs only with Android 4.0.4 and there is no chance to update/upgrade.
    Each app, I want to install, I at first have to rename into "HondaAppCenter_A1". Then the installation runs.
    For a very long time I use MFN on my Smartphone and my car. When I installed MFN 5.5.91 in my car, the problem started. I allways get the info, that the "Licence Key is invalid" and the question, if I want to let the Problem be solved. Because of the bad connection of the car's internet connection, the automatically solvetion is not possible. Now It doesn't matter which version I try to install, none of them works . I allways get the same message. I don' come to "settings", because the app blocks before.
    On my Smartphone the v5.5.91 works very fine, even with the option for alternate routes.
    What can I do to make MFN - which version whichever - wotk in my car?
  • Hello,
    I had the same proble as @just2enjoy
    I think he is right: "My assumption: the Navigator function "change SD card for installation; select "external SD Card" is faulty"
    I have the same conclusion. But there is an issue: just dont use this function. Even if "internal storage" is checked, the maps are stored on the SD card.
    One year later this very irritating bug is allways here, I hope it will be soon fixed :-) 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion