After reinstalling I've got annoying tts problems - help appreciated
  • Hi,

before my strange problem described in a different thread, I could use English, French or Dutch TTS voices simply by selecting the Navigator settings
    --Application language (for example English UK)
    --Navigation voice (for example Heather TTS / English:synthesized English (GB))

This morning I used that voice for the first time since I uninstalled /reinstalled Navigator (v. 4.0.51 beta), and I simply couldn't get it to work properly: whatever I did, the voice gave German commands like "jetzt rechts abbiegen auf O'Connel Street", pronounced as if they were Scottish/English words; totally incomprehensible.

I even found (in the Android settings) an item I had never noticed: the settings for "Heather" contained the options "Use system language" and "English (United Kingdom)". neither of them had any effect.

Eventually I was forced to install a second language (English) on my device and use that as System language.
    Has anyone bumped ito this particular problem and found a solution - which using English systemwide is NOT!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: The problem has disappeared, though I wouldn't call that "solved", as again I don't know why: having decided that a German system language was more important than Irish street names, I reset the system language, then opened Navigator to change over to the recorded English voice; just for laughs I first had "Heather" do a simulation of a route with lots of turns and roundabouts - and everything worked as it did before the reinstallation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID