Navigator identify's the waypoint/poi-list only as a Tracking/Routing-List
  • Hi!
    I understand how .gpx files are working (incl. Routes, Tracks and Waypoints).

Since the last update/version of Mapfactor Navigator i can't import my POI/Waypoint (Favorites) List to the Favorites of the Navigator.
    Starting the import of the .gpx File to the Navigator, it identify's the waypoint/poi-list as a Tracking/Routing-List.
    Got 100 Waypoints in my list, needing for my job.
    Thx for any help!
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • routeconverter is not our product, please contact developer directly
  • This was just a discription to explane my problem.
    We talk about MapFactor Navigator, the one a pay for.
  • I have the same problem.
    Create an gpx file with Mapfactor Navigator with only waypoints, no routes or tracks.
    Copy the gpx file to my android phone
    Select the gpx file on my android phone
    GPX file is imported in Mapfactor as a routing list, not as individual waypoints.

This used to work, how can I get this to work again?

• if GPX file contains waypoints (wpt), then it is
    imported as routing points set and you can use it to navigate if it
    conatins trackpoints (trkpt), then it is imported as track

it is quite well explained here

• But I want the waypoints to appear as favorites, not as part of one route.
    I have a lot of waypoints for my travel through Jordan (hotels, viewpoints etc.), and I want to be able to select an individual waypoint to navigate to and not have all the waypoints imported as one route.

Last november I could do this.

As an example, below a part of the gpx file, generated by basecamp that I import in mapfactor.
    It only contains waypoints (wpt), but mapfactor seems to import it as routepoints (rtept)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><gpx creator="Garmin Desktop App" version="1.1"

<link href="">
          <text>Garmin International</text>
        <bounds maxlat="32.380979061126709" maxlon="36.827266216278076" minlat="29.573779106140137" minlon="35.421767234802246" />

<wpt lat="32.038696249946952" lon="35.72841564193368">
        <name>Al Salt</name>
        <sym>City (Medium)</sym>
  • you cannot import GPX to favourites, what makes you think that it was possible in previous versions?
  • Because in a past version this was possible, exactly as discribed. Now as a workaround I'm editing the favourites file directly. If You once got used to it it's not too hard. Take the gpx, convert it to a MFN file with GPS Babel and paste the result to Your favourites.xml, not too complicated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion