Edit MF3D file for E-Ink screen (gps_arrow.mf3d ??)
  • Hi,

I would like to edit the drawing of the arrow for the e-ink screen.
    Arrow file is gps_arrow.mf3d ??
    Hardware and software renderer.

Thank you.
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

mf3d file is used in HW renderer only and I am not allowed to give you tool to convert it.

In SW renderer there is used sign.mca file and I also cannot give you needed tools.

I am sorry
  • But perhaps an appropriate new file....? 8-|
  • Please note that there is authorship by MNF on this. Although I do not appreciate all graphical changes lately, I do understand their standpoint.

And as a comparison: You could also ask Microsoft if you were allowed to change some icon/art work in their ribbon or software.
  • Sorry, it was for the E-Ink version.
    I will not ask you any more evolution for the E-Ink screen.
    Sorry again.
  • I would rather see this as a user suggestion which could be headed forward to the MFN authors. How you can see, there seems to be a definite desire for an appropriate option in the app beside other suggestions.

I also do wish a preset with a motorbike icon in the routes presets and made an appropriate suggestion. As a workaround, I took the car preset and set it up for motorbike use, but it is still marked by the car icon which is is at the same time irritating and annoying. I still don't understand why the authors so obstinately refuse to implement a motorbike icon, the new gui would have been the chance. Ok, it's still not ready, so I will wait in patience....
  • I did not mean this should be stopped. 
    If the E-ink version fills a gap and users like it, although it could use some enhancements, then that's fine with me.

I simply meant that I can understand MNF is not sharing all graphical data.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion