Entering a new destination in Free Navigator ...
  • Greetings to all.
    Could anybody help with following anomaly, which I encounter in Free navigator. Please note that I translated the text on the screen from Dutch to English. 
    If this is not understandable i will chanfge the language and repost ..

When I want to drive to a certain adress, I enter all the data in the adress entry procedure and finish with selecting : "Enter as destination" -Stel in als bestemming ...
    Then I get a map, where nothing happens.
    Then I press the left lower corner of my Samsung S4 smartphone (three small horizontal lines) and I get the screen with Search in the upper left corner.
    On this screen I push "navigate" and I get a "confirm route" screen where I have 3 lines:

-actual gps position
    -a destination which I enterd probably a month ago, with a "selection square" behind it (whih I do NOT press)
    -the adress I just entered

and I finish by pressing "Navigate" in the lower left corner.

and ....
    sometimes this works, but sometimes it does not and I have to return and repeat the above steps several times before I hear the voice :

"opening a new route"   - de route opnieuw bepalen.

What do I do wrong ? How else should I start entering a new destination ?

Thks on forehand for all reactions 
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • the only think I can think of is that file routing_points.xml is corrupted
    try to delete it an then start Navigator
    folder android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/
  • Thanks.
    This seems to be working.
    the old destination did not re-appear.
    Thks once more

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion