Maps no longer work
  • Hello all,

I have a WIN CE head unit and was using Navigator 16 (free maps) nicely for about 1 month when one time on loading it froze at about 90% of the "load bar".

So I took out the SD card, went back to the setup utility and re-installed the software to it.

I then used the setup utility to re-download the maps and install them to a folder called "data" (all created within the setup utility).

Now, the software loads up on my head unit (after re-entering the free licence key), but no maps.
    (The speed camera info is showing on the "map selection" menu but no maps).

So I went back to the setup utility and created a new folder called "navigator" and installed the re-downloaded maps in to there.
    Back to the car, loaded the software but still no maps.

Back to the setup utility and created a new folder within "navigator" called "data" and then installed the maps into there.
    To the car again, software loads up but yet again no map.

So I thought I'd start from the very beginning again.
    I formatted the SD card, deleted the setup utility and re-downloaded it. Re-installed Navigator 16 (free) into a folder called "navigator" and then installed the newly downloaded maps in to a folder called "data" (all done via the setup utility.

Back to the car for one final time........ sat nav software loads but NO MAPS !!!

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Cheers for any replies.

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • please email logs
  • hi tomas,

Before re-installing everything on my SD card I formatted it.
    Would there now be any relevant 'log' file that could be useful?

• not after reformat
  • ok....

would I be right in saying that the maps MUST be in a path called "navigator/data" ?

if that is right then must that be SDcard:/nagivator/data 

?

thanks for any help you can give.
    Cheers.

• android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data

• thanks Tomas.

What would be the file path for WIN CE devices?

The problem I have is with my WIN CE car head-unit.

Cheers.

• anywhere, Navigator will find them

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged