Selective map update
  • Is it possible to have a selective map update? I was in France last week, so in have France maps in my devices.

Of cource I want to use the latest German maps.

For the time beeing, I will not need France map in latest details. So I would like to keep the France maps without regularly updating them.

So now I wonder, if I can only update some selected maps and not only all maps I have in my devices. That will also save my time and bandwidth (1 to 1,5 GB for every download x 2 devices).
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • You cannot directly.

I think there are two differnet workarounds:

- Download by PC instead of phone and transfer the (seleted) maps manually to your phone.

- On your phone, move the France map into another folder. Move it back to the original folder only before you actually need to use in Navigator.
  • Some workarounds, yes. But to much effort, though. Then it would be easier for me, to take the time for all downloads. Thank you anyway!
  • You can also just unselect the unwanted maps in map manager.
    Of course you'd also have to do it everytime you want to update.

Uli
  • It is really that simple? Sorry I should have tried this. I thought, this unchecking would delete the map.

I cannot try right now, because all maps are up  to date :o

[update]It is really that easy! [/update]

So my feature request is reduced, that Navigator should keep my selection until I reverse it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion