Strange Routing via parking space
  • Is there an explanation for this MFN-routing from 14.32293 E, 48.32886 N to 14.32261 E, 48.33117 N with a car-profile?
    Instead of taking only the "Julius-Raab-Straße" it uses two parking spaces. This in my opinion shouldn't be allowd, even if those parking-aisles have no speed limit compared to the Julis-Raab-Straße, which is limited at 30 km/h.
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • You are right, Tomas, default settings of vehicle type "car" in this case works.
    1) But with that setting you don't get practical routing at all (at least in Austria), I think, this has already been discussed here several times. So I activated in the Road Restrictions "Small Local Road" (20/50) to get a serious routing, otherwise MFN isn't of use for me.
    2) On the other hand I don't think that a parking space should be included in a routing at all.
  • Or as a waypoint. Like when you plan long trips: recommended drive break every 2 hours, on services parking along motorways  ;)
  • with default car settingsroute does not go through car park

click Car+ tto set default car, activate it and try again
  • Try to set Small Local Road to a much smaller priority.

Whether parking lots are considered as a "drive through" depends on the way they were mapped in OSM, I guess.
  • Tap on the road restrictions. You can set a priority.
  • The roads used on the parking lots are tagged as "service=parking_aisle". http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:service=parking_aisle Such road should be excluded from routing except start or destination are on such roads.

I think JambaFee is right. If I can use only default settings, it is of no use to have settings at all.
  • Yes of course!
  • @chattiewoman: thank you, priority is set to 30. In my MFN-diary I found that I tested these settings 2014 and speed 20/50 and priority 30 turned out best for me.
    @Oldie: I'm glad not beeing the only one thinking so.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion