Empty OSM map in Guadeloupe
  • Hello,

I have a problem with the OSM map of Guadeloupe. It was perfect but now no road is no longer displayed, I only have the coastline (which may come from the global map ?). It's not a recent problem, because I have noticed it in the map version 44-201606190, and the problem still persists in the current version (44-201609150). In the map download interface, the file size indicates "<1MB", as there are no data in the map. I'm using MapFactor Navigator Free version 2.2.54.

Thanks in advance
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • yes, I tried this map for a test and very very few details are present.
    By the way, when looking for 'America' maps, I found a few elements that should not be there: American Samoa, Wallis and Futuna are actually in Oceania. Crozet is in Africa.
  • I'm not sure if this could be important for debugging, but I confirm, the map is not empty but nearly empty. There are some ferries navigation routes and a few POI, visible when zooming in dense areas, but I can't find any street. On OSM website the map is correct, very detailed and usable.
    Is there a way to help debugging this ? I'm a software developper and system administrator.
  • I suppose that the OSM maps files are generated by a program from the OSM API. Can I access to this program source code and/or to its configuration to help solve my problem ? Or maybe a third party tool is used, which raises the bug ?
  • Hi,

The Guadeloupe map is fixed. It will be in beta maps for few days until full release. The problem was, that someone changed boundary:administration on relation to another one. Please try the new version.

Thanks. 
  • Hello,

I have found and enabled the option to get beta maps and it is OK with the release 44-201610170, replacing 44-201610130, the map file size is 4MB, which is better than "<1MB" !

After 4 retries I have finally downloaded it, and this map seems to be OK for me : roads, buildings an POIs, I've haven't found any problem after a few tests.

Thank you very much for this great "fix", the missing map for the last months was really annoying when I went to other cities I don't know well.

Thanks again :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion