Favourites import/export and coordinates
  • I like that I can store favourite places in the Android app. However, I am missing a function to import/export all (or a set of) favourites.

I can export a single favourite, yes. But your documentation (the pdf) is wrong on how this goes, it says "Your email client will open with a new message and a GPX attachment". No, it is an http google maps link.
    Manually adding or exporting favourites one-by-one is too tedious.

In the Android app I did find your favourites.xml file where they are stored. However, I cannot make sense of the coordinates used in that file, e.g.
    <item name="DAV Darmstadt Lichtwiesenweg" lat="179500992" lon="31227296"/>
    How do these coordinates translate to the usual geocoordinates, for above example s.th. like lat=49.861385 lon=8.67429 ?

I would appreciate to know that translation (and think it is worth adding this info to the pdf documentation), then I could help myself.
    Thanks & regards
    Gery
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • coordinates are in miliseconds, simply devide by 3,600,000 to get decimal degrees
    e.g. 179500992/3600000=49.86138666666667

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion