Android: Connection to external (bluetooth) GPS doesn't work
  • I tried to use a tablet with bluetooth GPS connection. Although other aps like Satstat or Here shows the position (by means of a bluetooth GPS apps - tried 2 out of the playstore), the Navigator doesn't see it as a GPS device. It is waiting, waiting, waiting.

I have seen, you even offer BT GPS receivers, so what is wrong with my combination? Couldn't find something in the settings to solve this issue.
    Again: Here as a navigation app works, but I would prefer Navigator.

The device I am running is an Android 4.4.4.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • For testing purposes I once tried Bluetooth GPS provider on my Android 4.4.4 phone. That worked for me perfectly with Navigator.
    As far as I remember I had to enable fake positions for it to work.

Uli
  • Fake position is enabled in Developer Section.
    But I found this is not enough to do. I have additionally to use a GPS Bluetoot App.
    This is comfortable, as it switches on also the Bluetooth itself and connects to the GPS.
    It's strange that 3 out of 2 apps show a position, but Navigator not.

Setting/Position is not of any importance. I tried it with enabled, disabled, exact or Wifi Position - that doesn't matter.
  • "Bluetooth GPS Provider" is such an app you have to use in Android.
    Which ones did you try?

• Exactly this one I use. The one from mobile-j.de.
    Without this app "here" and "satstat" doesn't work. But Navigator I didn't get working even with this one.
  • I used Bluetooth GPS from Google Play, it works well with Navigator
  • Thanks for your feedback.
    As it works for others, I just deleted and reinstalled it. Now it works fine.
    No idea what has been wrong.
    Is there a way to avoid deinstallation and re-download of the map?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged